What are you Baking the Week of October 6, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of October 6, 2024?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Thanks Len , this is a lemon supreme pound cake my husband's favorite and it's going to the poker game tonight.

IMG_1373

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Agreed! Joan your breads are amazing!

Thanks Mike.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

My sourdough didn't rise as much as my friends but I didn't let it rise as long ,still has a good taste and crumb.

IMG_1376

Attachments:
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Looks like a good crumb, though.

The crust doesn't have the small blisters you often see on sourdough bread.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I always like a soft crust and brush it with butter when it comes out of the oven,This recipe is absolutely the best I've made and taste.

Thanks Mike and Aaron I've been in my happy place lately 😉

chocomouse
              Participant

Today I played around making Danish pastries for the first time ever. I used a lightly sweetened cream cheese for the base filling, and topped half of them with blueberries and lemon zest, and the other half with slices of plum and fresh thyme. They turned out pretty good.

Attachments:
                Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

They look great.

This kringle recipe is pretty good (if you like kringle), and the butterscotch filling recipe that is included is even better, but it makes a LOT of filling, I usually only make a half-recipe of it. I use a butterscotch and pecan filling, it is as good as the ones I've ordered from Racine WI.

When I've made it the whole kitchen smells of lemon extract, but in the baked kringle it is very subtle.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/kringle-recipe0-1941189

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I just saw Aaron's post about using apples. I have made a King Arthur bread that used either diced or grated apple. I also made their apple scones. With the scones, I recall that they were great out of the oven, but that the apples tend to get a little mushy after a day or so.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Chocomouse your Danish pastries look wonderful!

BakerAunt
                      Participant

The house where we stayed at the reunion in Michigan is next to a house with an apple tree, and we were told two years ago that it was fine to pick them. I took some home and made a pie. The tree had some good apples again this year, although some I had to pick up off the ground. I brought nine home and on Saturday evening, I made an apple streusel pie. I peeled these apples, as the skin gets a kind of mildew, but the apples themselves are fine. These are a greenish yellow apple with a bit of red spotting on some. The pie is in the oven now. I'll report on taste and texture when we cut into it tomorrow afternoon.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I agree, Chocomouse, those Danishes look and sound great, cream cheese and blueberries, what's not to like?

This afternoon I made a batch of burger/sandwich buns, 6 of them, and held out some dough for a pizza.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.