What are you Baking the Week of November 12, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of November 12, 2023?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

One of the things I needed was more sheet pans. The kitchen used to have a big stack. Now they have four and I'll need all those for challot. I went and bought six full sized sheets.

I have OLD pie dough I just pulled out of the freezer.

I think it is still good. Can I just use regular pie dough to make hand pies? I see lots of recipes using a cream
      cheese dough but I don't want to make another one.

Thanks

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I see hand dough recipes that use pate brisee, so it might depend on the recipe you used. With a hand pie, you wind up with a higher ratio of dough-to-filling than you do with a double-crust pie. Is it a dough you'd enjoy eating? Rolling a little sugar into the crust or using a glaze might help.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

I like this dough. It's tasty and I've always been a crust person anyway. But rolling it in sugar is a good idea. Thanks

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I've now made the sourdough cheese cracker recipe 4 times, and 3 of them I forgot to add the butter until after I had shaped it and got it ready for the fridge. Fortunately, remixing it to add the butter doesn't seem to hurt the dough.

I'll bake these in a few days.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

McDonalds has a new baked apple pie, not quite as good as the old fried pie they dropped some years ago, but much better than their first attempt at a baked apple pie. Both the crust and the filling have flavor and a good texture.

Taco Bell got rid of the Caramel Apple Empanada, and I haven't been to a Taco Bell since then.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I baked the peanut butter cookies today for a friend ,I had one and they are yummy.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I baked the last batch of peanut butter cookies on my new red mat with the grid, and they came out a bit darker on the bottom than normal, so I probably need to adjust the baking time a bit.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I baked another batch of peanut butter cookies for another friend.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a batch of sandwich/burger buns, 6. I withheld about 300 grams of dough for two pizzas. So tonight I made a pizza, topped with a sliced meatball, a few pepperonis and thin sliced onion.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I made peanut butter cookies tonight.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.