What are you Baking the Week of March 27, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of March 27, 2022?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Any baking plans?

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

I made a whole grain banana bread from the KAF recipe that I like. I added chocolate chips instead of nuts to the batter. Since I brought the dead bananas home from work, I will be taking it in on Tuesday when we are open again.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made the other half of the cake mix (lemon supreme) that my husband likes in a loaf pan and had the leftover icing lemon juice with powder sugar that I had refrigerated from last time so it all went fast.

BakerAunt
          Participant

On Tuesday, I baked Len's Whole Wheat/Rye/Semolina buns. I made ten buns, since we like them a little smaller than doing eight.

BakerAunt
            Participant

On Wednesday, I baked my variation on the Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies No Butter at Jenny Can Bake.

Wednesday was also Sourdough Pan Pizza day, using homemade sauce from the freezer, along with Canadian bacon, mozzarella, mushrooms, red bell pepper, green onion, Parmesan, and on my half, black olives.

chocomouse
              Participant

Today I made Maple-Coconut cookies. Soft and chewy!

BakerAunt
                Participant

Thursday was a busy day in the kitchen. I baked my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers from dough I made last week. I baked 2 layers of a 6-inch chocolate cake. I also baked a double recipe of my variation on Ellen's buns. I made 24 and baked them in two 9x9 pans. I ended the day by making White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

BakerAunt you've been busy!

Today I baked a half pineapple cake mix that I bought by mistake,so I added in half a box of white chocolate pudding ,replaced the water with pineapple juice,cake mix calls for 3 eggs if whole box so I added 2 eggs and about 1/4 cup of oil.Baked up nice in a 8x8 pan and I topped it with cream of coconut after it came out of oven and I poked small holes all over top so it could seep in,after it cooled awhile I topped with cool whip with a little coconut extract and sprinkled coconut in the cool whip and lightly on top looks pretty but we'll see how it tastes in a bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.