What are you Baking the Week of December 3, 2023?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of December 3, 2023?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

I made ciabatta rolls again. The kids like them but I don't think Kate has even tried them. I doubled the yeast to see if it made a difference but it is still a tiny amount - the standard recipe called for .3% and I doubled it to .6. This is becoming my go-to. I like my sourdough but Violet and Kate won't even try it. I am still playing with roll shape to find what is best.

The kids and I made molasses cookies. I mixed them and they both came in and offered to help so I had them shape them and put them on the sheet pans and into the oven. I tried very hard not to freak out at the shapes. I never realized how fussy I've become. But I didn't say anything to the kids, just thanks for helping.

Kate told the kids they were topping the cookies with too much sugar to which they replied "this is what Dad does." They listened to their mom (which they should!) and then I added a bunch more sugar before they went into the oven.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Aaron ๐Ÿ™‚

skeptic7
        Participant

I did apple pizza, and cranberry/ricotta pizza on Friday and today. Its much higher and fluffier with all KAF white flour than it is with whole wheat. The apple pizza just had thin slices of a Fuji apple and cinnamon sugar, while the other pizza had ricotta cheese and cranberry sauce. I made a new batch of cooked cranberry orange sauce for the pizza as there wasn't enough left over from Thanksgiving. I've done this before and the unsweetened blandness of the ricotta makes a nice contrast to the cranberry sauce.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Both dessert pizzas sound delicious, Skeptic!

chocomouse
            Participant

Yes, that ricotta-cranberry sauce pizza sounds especially good. I love to read about your creative baking, Skeptic!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.