What are you Baking the Week of December 10, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of December 10, 2023?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Saturday, I made maple granola.

chocomouse
      Participant

Dinner tonight was breakfast sausages and blueberry pancakes. I made the "baked pancakes" recipe; making one 9 x 12 pan of pancakes is so much easier then flipping a dozen round circles on a griddle. I wish I knew about this back when my two children, and their many friends were living at our home!

I also made BakerAunt's Mostly Whole Wheat Maple Buttermilk Bread this morning.

Italiancook
        Participant

I agree with you, chocomouse, I wish I had known about baked pancakes years ago. KABC has a recipe for sheet pan French Toast. Eventually I'm going to try it -- not with their custard mixture which is more work than I want to go to first thing in the morning. I'm going to use my mixture (2 eggs, 1 cup milk, lots of cinnamon & a smidgen nutmeg) and follow their instructions for the baking. I may need to adjust it somewhat, but it certainly has to be easier than standing at the stove babysitting 2 slices French Toast at a time in the skillet. Here's the KABC recipe:
          https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/sheet-pan-french-toast-recipe

chocomouse
          Participant

ItalianCook, that used to be my favorite breakfast! But we never have French Toast any more, partly because we love the blueberries in the pancakes, and I can't quite imagine the taste of rye, or garlic and herb, gruyere cheese, etc. bread in French toast. I checked out the KAF recipe you linked to; not a lot of positive comments about the results. It sounds like lots of butter to grease the pan is a required, and that is a good! idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.