The Great American Baking Show 12/1/16

Home Forums General Discussions The Great American Baking Show 12/1/16

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Oh, darn! I forgot to watch!

RiversideLen
      Participant

I forgot about it too. I wonder if it might be available "on demand" .

navlys
        Participant

I think they need a "looker" like Paul Hollywood to add that extra dimension to the show. Sorry if that sounds sexist. ( I know he was on an earlier version.)

Di

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

You don't think Johnny L meets that requirement??

The on-demand feature on our cable system has it, I assume episodes show up a day after they air.

I recorded this last night (Project Runway has precedence here), hopefully I'll have time to watch it over the weekend. I think last night included the 'bread' challenges.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Just watched the bread episode, it was only a one-hour episode this week. Next week is pies and tarts.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I didn't see this weeks episode yet but I think tonight.

Last weeks 2 hour episode was broken into 2 separate episodes "on demand" so I think they were actually made as separate episodes but ran back to back to kick off the season.

cwcdesign
                Participant

They have it on Hulu. I think it's better because they're sticking more closely to GBBO format. I did notice that none of them are weighing ingredients.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I saw one of the contestants scaling dough for dinner rolls to get them the same size, they may just not be showing anyone scaling ingredients.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

I've only seen the first 2 episodes. I'll have to pay attention when I watch the bread one

cwcdesign
                      Participant

Must not have been paying careful enough attention because I missed the scaling, but it was interesting. I'm not sure I want to create a bread sculpture!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by cwcdesign.
                      Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.