Say Hello!

Home Forums Member News Say Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's a place to say hello!

Spread the word
      hickeyja
      Participant

Hi all.

I am here with my BC screen name hickeyja. Hope we get a lot of the BC folks here.

Thanks, Mike, for setting this up and hosting us.

Jan

cwcdesign
        Participant

Hi Jan & Mike, I made it in with my same screen name. Happy to be here. Thanks Mike!

S_Wirth
          Participant

Hello...finally made it here. In a lot of ways, I think we'll be better off without the BakingCircle. Hoping to see many of our old friends here.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I think the structure for the forum package I'm using is OK, but the layout needs serious tweaking to make it easier to find new posts. Right now, it's kind of clumsy to use, and that may slows folk down.

I like the fact that we can do some formatting
              here. Color would be nice, though.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Mike Nolan.
              Karen999
              Participant

Hi everyone!

Karen Noll here. I've chosen a new screen name for this forum, but it's still the same old me. Glad to have a place to connect with all my old baking buddies...

Karen

mitzimuffins
                Participant

Hello and thank you for setting this up. I don't say much but I would read the KAF community pages everyday. I've learn lots from all of you and look forward to learning even more here on our new home.
                  Mitzimuffins

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Checking to see if pictures work:

rottiedogs
                    Participant

Hi everyone - rottiedogs just checking in.

buttercup
                      Participant

Mike, I finally made it. Still have the same name as the BC. So glad to be here and thank you so much Mike for making it possible.

dachshundlady
                        Participant

Just testing to see if this works. I tried to change my gravitar(?) at WordPress but couldn't join. Technology!

wonky
                          Participant

I'm here...woo hoo. Again Mike...thank you for all you have done to keep all of us together. We've weaved many friendships on the BC, and it is great that we have this site to continue the friendships. Wonky

NancyG
                            Participant

I kinda said hello on a different thread but want to join the hellos here....
                              NancyG aka ncgnet. (happy to see my symbol thingy is red)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by NancyG.
                              • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by NancyG.
                              Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

DL, it took me a while to figure it out, too. You do have to sign up for an account at wordpress.com first. (It's free.) It attaches to your email address, so you have to be using the same email address on both sites.

I'm still not sure what's causing it to be turned into a round shape, I know it's not stored that way at Gravatar.

I'm still looking at packages to support locally stored images here, but there are permissions issues to work out. Gravatar seems to be the coming trend, though, especially for those who want to use the same avatar across the Net.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

Hey! I'm Lennycubfan on KAF. Looking forward to this. Gonna try a posting a pic to see how it works here.

Orange Cake

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.