Say Hello!

Home Forums Member News Say Hello!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Your orange cake looks great! You aren't actually abandoning the Cubbies in a year when they might just make history??

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Mike Nolan.
      RiversideLen
      Participant

Hi Mike, not abandoning the CUBS at all, I have thoroughly enjoyed the heck out of the CUBS all last year and this year too. I just thought I would go with a more neutral name here, I don't want (misguided) folks who might support some other team to have negative feelings about me just because of my name (there are better reasons for that, lol).

Thank you about the cake compliment. I made that using an Arrowhead Mills vanilla cake mix as the base and baked it in a 6 cup bundt pan. It was pretty good but a couple of weeks prior I did the same but used lemons. The lemon version was awesome! Maybe I will post it in the recipe section.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Hello, and good to see everyone here! I am excited about this new site. Mike has done a great job. I've modified the spelling of my name a bit from the KAF site, so it is now BakerAunt. I chose that name because I'm the aunt in the family who does the baking and sends goodies to family.

BevM
          Participant

I am happy to say I just registered and logged in with no "glitches". Many thanks to you, Mike, for stepping up and creating another place for all of us to meet and share information. I may not post often, but like many others, I check in every day and have learned so much from all of you.
            Bev

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

BakerAunt, I'm looking forward to your weekly 'what did you bake' thread because we need to start talking about baking here! 🙂

omaria
              Participant

Ok, I am here too. I cannot go to KAF anymore. Antoon took it off and put Zen and Mike's sites on instead. . We will just continue where we left off !

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Hello all glad to be part of this site and thanks Mike!Joan~Ga girl

JennC13
                  Participant

Hello everyone, and thanks to Mike for getting us all set up here. Looking forward to being able to chat with everyone, and get tempted with new ideas! Jenn

mumpy
                    Participant

hi everyone....still the same old 'mumpy'....not doing as much baking as i used to, but still love keeping up with all the ideas and recipes.

buttercup
                      Participant

I'm here too! Thanks again Mike for giving us a new home.

Rascals1
                        Participant

Hi everyone, and a Big thank you Mike for your time and effort to do this. It's going to take me awhile to get use to how this site works, but it will happen. Good to see several from baking circle here. Now lets move forward.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I think you can also expect changes in this site, both in terms of how things work and what tools are available. (I'm not really happy with the current layout, so I might not stay with BBPress, the forums package I'm using, but if that changes all existing content should be migrated over.)

And don't forget there are other sites out there, Zen's, RandyD's, etc.

LynetteBakes
                            Participant

Hi, Mike! Here I am, and I'm glad to be here. And I want to say thanks that registering was very simple; I don't know why I expected some difficulties. Maybe like most of us, I just fear change. Change requires a giving up of something, and by definition there is a grief process involved. But now that I've made it through the grief process, I'm truly glad to be here. Thanks for your generous welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.