Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster

Home Forums General Discussions Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Something to think about: I saw some links in some of the 'Old BC Threads' posts that have links to recipes that were on the KAF BC. (For example in the Texas Sheet Cake thread.)

If the recipes being referred to get uploaded here, we may want to change those links at some point. But at least they go to a valid KAF page that talks about the transition rather than generate a 404 (page not found) error.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I will try to find time to post updated counts of 'recipes by' in a few days.

I may also post counts of 'recipes posted by', too.

I've modified the member profile page to give a breakdown of recipes posted by that member separate from the topics started count. (As of when I wrote this note, for example, Rottiedogs has 124 recipes posted, BakerAunt has 155 and Sarah Wirth has 326.)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
        BakerAunt
        Participant

Mike, I have recipes from Annabelle's Lair, a BC poster who first went by the name Nebelwesen. She has some wonderful looking German recipes, including some from Woodlandgardner "Ulrich". The issue is that she has stunning pictures with most of her recipes, and it is a major loss not to include them, especially since most of us would not know what these German breads should look like. She clearly took great care in how she presented her recipes. However, I notice that pictures are one of the items that get stripped out when I copy and paste a recipe.

Is there any way that we can keep the pictures with her recipes? If it would help, I can send the file to you.

Thanks, Bakeraunt

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I believe you have to upload the pictures separately using the 'attachments' area below the text box.

BakerAunt
            Participant

OK, I will give it a try tomorrow and report back. I'm not the most techy person, which is why I posted only one picture during my time on the BC.

Part of the issue is that I would have to figure out how to save her pictures into a separate file from which I could then upload for each recipe.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
              Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

As of earlier today, we have over 900 recipes posted. Thanks to everyone for your efforts!

BakerAunt
                Participant

And we are closing in on 1000!

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

How many more BC recipes do folks have waiting to be uploaded? Do I need to run another summary report?

I think Sarah said that Zen had saved them all, over 4000 recipes, but if she's been posting them to her site, I haven't figured out where.

I may need to start looking around for better search tools, especially for the recipe area.

I need to get a couple of blog articles finished and posted, I'm working on what will likely become a two or three part series on knives and how to sharpen them, but getting the photomicrography done right is taking a while.

We have over 50 threads captured from the BC now, too. Lots of good stuff in them.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Another summary report might help. What I've been doing is searching an o.p.'s name, and if it does not bring up recipes, then I go ahead and post that person's recipes. I still have some to go, but I'm not sure how many. I have some from brianjwood, but I was too daunted even to try saving all of his many pages of recipes. If Rotiedogs does not have them, then I can post what I did manage to save. And I still have the recipes from Annebelle's lair (formerly Nebelwesen). I will likely go ahead and post those without the pictures.

I also have some more threads, although I need to check and make sure that they have not already been posted.

Zen appears to be busy fixing up the house she bought; she has not checked in on her site. My understanding is that she saved the 4000 recipes, but that they are not connected with the poster, nor are the comments saved. Perhaps at some point, she will get to recipe uploading. What I'm doing is that when I bake a recipe from the BC people, I go ahead and put it on her site.

S_Wirth
                      Participant

There were 4300+ recipes in all on the BC.

I have the Zucchini Bounty thread to get posted soon. There is lots of clean up to do on the copies I made.

We have been 98F for three weeks, I think, and with no A/C my motivation is low.

Rottiedogs still has a lot of recipes and threads to post.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I understand the heat issue. I spent last week at Doane University in Crete NE, where it was in the 90's and I kept moving from one air-conditioned building to another. Sunday I came down with a 101.6 fever, which I attribute to the many rapid changes in temperature. I'm OK now, but I felt lousy for about 48 hours.

I'll see what I can do about posting an updated count of recipes by original poster tonight.

rottiedogs
                          Participant

I have all of brianjwood's recipes. I'm trying to work alphabetically so I can keep straight what I already posted. I'm still in the B's. I will probably start brianjwood tomorrow morning.

I have lots of threads to go as well. I posted some but then switched back to recipes.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Here's an updated list of 882 recipes uploaded from the KAF BC grouped by the original poster. This does not include 139 recipes that don't have 'by xxx' in the title, I think most of those are the individual's own recipes. (About 40 of those are mine, for example.)

4paws2go 10
                              Altardee 4
                              ancameni 23
                              anna 15
                              anndyer 1
                              annee 8
                              annie9235 2
                              beabaker 9
                              Beach Dee 1
                              Beachdee 34
                              Bellesaz 3
                              bettina 49
                              bettina and naug 1
                              biglakejudy 14
                              bivs99 17
                              bmwat1 9
                              bocca 39
                              booca 1
                              Calico 17
                              Carla 16
                              Cindy Leigh 15
                              Cyndiok 39
                              Dachshundlady 33
                              franciepad 27
                              francipad 1
                              frick 2
                              GinaG 8
                              Granny 1
                              Janiebakes 4
                              jej 96
                              Karen Noll 24
                              Kathyd 9
                              kathyfromkansas 5
                              Kimbob 58
                              knead2quilt 3
                              lahotfoot 1
                              Livingwell (Pene 1
                              Lorraine 1
                              macy 14
                              mike nolan and r 1
                              Mrs. Cindy 5
                              Mumpy 12
                              naughtysquirrel 3
                              nloxford 23
                              omaria 5
                              PaddyL 31
                              pammyowl 3
                              pat88 13
                              patsacookn 6
                              Petra (OBC) 4
                              Pmiker 3
                              psycnrs1 22
                              Reagan 29
                              Reagan and lorra 1
                              sandi81 1
                              sue/theviewfrom. 1
                              Teachingcotton 6
                              Twin2 27
                              Uninvited Guest 17
                              Virginislander 27
                              wendyb964 1
                              Wingboy 25
                              wonky 1

BakerAunt
                              Participant

That's very helpful, Mike. I've gone back and corrected the spelling errors that I had made on one of Franciepad's and one of Beachdee's attributions. Sometimes it's hard to keep the names straight.

cwcdesign
                                Participant

First of all, I wanted to thank all of you for your hard work and efforts to save all this valuable information. I have a few threads and recipes, but I'll wait and fill them in if you missed them. So far, many of the threads I saved have been uploaded.

As for the recipes Zen saved, I can tell you from experience that they might not all have the original names. In our scramble to save some, we both used the app Paprika which I am very happy with except for the thing I discovered too late - it saves the site information, but it didn't save the information at the top such as who originally submitted the recipe. All it copied were the ingredients and directions, no notes. That's something I'll have to be aware of in the future and I just might contact the developer about that missing piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.