Popcorn Flour

Home Forums General Discussions Popcorn Flour

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I'd never heard of popcorn flour, so I found this discussion with recipe link interesting. I'm not sure, however, that I am ever going to try it, as I have a cornbread recipe that I like, and it is a lot faster than this one.

Spread the word
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Interesting. I wonder if you toasted your cornmeal before hand (BA I think you posted something about toasting sugar) if it might have a similar effect.

I've pulverized matzah meal to try and make it finer for baking. Never thought of using popcorn.

If you wanted cornbread and didn't have cornmeal but had popcorn this would be a handy sub.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Thanks to Aaron's comments, I just realized that it is a gluten-free cornbread, so it might come in handy if baking for someone who needs gluten-free or who has a wheat allergy.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I've been making a gluten free cornbread for years, we actually like it better than the one on the side of the cornmeal container that uses wheat flour. I will say it doesn't have quite as long a shelf life, but it seldom lasts that long anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.