No quiz for Friday and probably not for next day or two

Home Forums Member News No quiz for Friday and probably not for next day or two

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I wound up in the hospital overnight for kidney stones and didn't get a quiz posted for Friday. I may not get one posted for Saturday and Sunday as well.

Spread the word
      skeptic7
      Participant

I hope you feel better soon.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Oh no Mike,sorry for your hospital stay,I hear them kidney stones are some kind of pain.Hope you get to feeling better and no more stones.Now to make you laugh a little my husbands Granddaddy went to the doctor for what he found out was kidney stones this is in the 1960's country doctor told him he had a stone and it was in his urinary tube and he was going to have to crush it..his Granddaddy said with what doc....all he could imagine was a big hammer crushing it lol.Get to feeling better my friend!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

For now we're playing wait and see if they pass normally, they're not in the right place or size for a lithotripsy procedure.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mike.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Hope you're feeling better soon, Mike.

navlys
                Participant

And this too shall pass...hopefully sooner than later. Wishing you well.

Denise
                  Participant

Oh Mike, I am so very sorry to hear this. I have heard that the pain from this rivals breaking your femur. I hope this can be resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible and that you're feeling better soon.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Update: I've got outpatient kidney stone surgery scheduled for Wednesday morning, I do not expect to resume posting quizzes for several days.

chocomouse
                      Participant

So sorry you are having to deal with this Mike. Take all the time you need. I think you should also plan to take short breaks from preparing the quizzes every once in a while too (but stone-free breaks!). Maybe the rest of us could plan in advance and have some quiz items ready to post.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Usually if I'm traveling or expect to be offline a lot, I try to get several days ahead on quizzes, but this past week has been really busy.

I've got to pick tomatoes tomorrow because the temperature is expected to drop down into the upper 20's by Thursday, I"m not sure if I'll have time or energy to process them tomorrow, but I may have Diane take a bunch of them to her office or leave them in the garage and hope they don't rot too fast.

I still haven't finished the chicken soup I started last Thursday, that batch may just have to get tossed.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Dang it,so sorry you're having to have surgery but please know you're in our prayers for a easy surgery and complete healing.Thanks for all you do and maybe some one can help you out,I know I sure would if I was your neighbor.Take care Mike.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Here's hoping for a successful surgery and relief from the pain. I was thinking what Joan said: if any of us lived nearby, we would be coming over to help process those tomatoes for you.

Denise
                              Participant

I'm so sorry that you have to go through surgery but will be praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery. The timing is just awful with all those tomatoes but then again, I suppose it's never a good time to deal with this... Hope that all goes well and take care of yourself first!

S_Wirth
                                Participant

Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning, Mike, as you go thru surgery. Praying for a complete success and a speedy recovery.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.