Mystery seeds from China

Home Forums Gardening Mystery seeds from China

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

The Wall Street Journal has a story today on how hundreds of people around the USA are receiving packages in the mail with small unidentified seeds in them.

The packages are not labeled as containing seeds, but may say they have electrical parts or jewelry/beads in them. The packages appear to be coming from China, though the return address is invalid, some of them may be marked as coming from the UAE.

If you receive one, DO NOT plant them or just throw the package away, contact your state agricultural department. The USDA is trying to identify the contents.

See seeds

Spread the word
      S_Wirth
      Participant

After hearing this on the news last night, I looked at the seeds. Some were sunflower seeds and I saw pumpkin seeds. The story I read had a solved mystery story with it. Appears a scam. Some had parts and such in the bags.

BakerAunt
        Participant

The director of our lake environmental coalition sent this info out on our local area list. I don't know if we have received any seeds because the utility company did some work in front of our mailboxes, and then did an asphalt repair on Monday. The cones are still up around it, and the end result is no mail delivery for us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.