KAF reports 2000% increase in online flour sales

Home Forums General Discussions KAF reports 2000% increase in online flour sales

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Did you maybe misread '29' as '24'? I know I did something like that two weeks ago.

I recently ordered some sheets online, and the initial estimate of delivery is sometime between early June and the middle of July!

Delivery services are seeing unprecedented demand for this time of year, and are prioritizing items that are deemed more critical, like medical supplies. I'm guessing King Arthur Flour isn't on the high priority client list.

Amazon tried to lower its usage of Fedex, but ran into capacity issues on its own delivery system, so they've gone back to having some packages carried by FedEx.

BakerAunt
      Participant

FedEx is unable to handle the capacity of shipments. They also tend to go the scenic route (i.e.--a hub), based on some of the tracking on mine. If they deliver the package to the post office, then the next day is when it will get to you.

King Arthur orders are taking several weeks to ship. Bob's Red Mill, which uses UPS is quicker; I've had those packages within a week, although I have to pay $9.99 on shipping. Of course, the trick at KAF and BRM is to be on the website when they actually have the products you want in stock.

I have a $10 Bakers Bucks to use before mid-June at KAF. I'm hoping that I will find enough to use it on. I did email a while back to see if they would extend the expiration. No one replied.

RiversideLen
        Participant

"Delivery expected today by end of day" On Friday it said delivery expected on Sunday 5-24, which surprised me, I didn't know they made Sunday deliveries. Today, when I saw the package hasn't moved since Friday I signed up for text notifications on it and shortly after that (probably a coincidence) they updated the expected delivery date to Friday.

The order was shipped within 2 weeks, which isn't so bad for KAF during these trying times. I think the package may have been misplaced at the Fedex facility or something of that nature.

BA, maybe try the Live Chat thing on KAF about your bakers bucks. I am expecting a shipment from Gardeners Supply which is proving to be slower than molasses in January and I sent them an email. No one replied after a few days so I called them and got the info.

cwcdesign
          Participant

This week I ordered a gift card for my niece for my mom to mail her for her birthday/graduation. The order said it would be here on the 21st (2 day UPS AIR) on Thursday they said it would be here Friday - I had been following the tracking and it had arrived in Jacksonville an hour and a half South of me by 8:30 am. When I checked in the evening, it was in Atlanta! 5-6 hours northwest? Then it went to Columbus in the western part of the state and finally to Brunswick - our local hub. It did arrive early in the afternoon.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Fedex will deliver on Sunday if the shipper pays extra or if Fedex package volumes are high enough, like around Christmas.

S_Wirth
              Participant

FedEx Delivery Manager is a tool I use several times a week. It is free and once shipping info has been sent to FedEx, you can see the tracking number. Click on the tracking number and a page will come up with detailed shipping progress. Click on Expand History for details. You just need a username and password to sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager.

At 9:18A today, I placed a Walmart.com order. Showed delivery by 5/

28, Thursday. At 5:14P this afternoon, I got a FedEx email showing delivery Tues, 5/26. It came from Plainfield, IN and had already made it to Champaign, IL and had been picked up there. It just has to go to Effingham, IL where it will be on a delivery vehicle for delivery Tues. It would be here on Monday if that was not a holiday.

I went to FedEx Delivery Manager and see another pkg. coming from Galesburg, IL and shipping info has been sent to FedEx. Shows delivery Wed., 5/27.

Most of my Walmart orders come Next Day when holidays are not involved, with free shipping on orders over $ 35.00.

RiversideLen
                Participant

The Saga may be coming to an end. Yesterday I received a text that my shipment would be arriving on Wednesday, this morning I received a text that it is on a truck for delivery today.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I've got something coming by Fedex but it must be coming from Mars, because I got a note that says it was shipped on Friday and the delivery estimate is June 16 - July 13.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

I picked up my order from Harris Teeter this am and they did not get in the KAF AP (not surprised), but I had a $10 rewards to use before the 1st, so I went to KAF - I was able to order 4 of the 3 lb. bags - the only kind of flour they had. But, that should tide me over as I still have more than 5 lbs of bread flour and some WWW and Irish meal, but you can't make yeasted bread with that.

KAF is also out of Bakewell baking powder, but Thrive Market has some, so I'll probably try theirs.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I'm glad that you were able to find some KAF AP, Cwcdesign. I have Bakers Bucks to use by June 13, and I'm hoping KAF will have the baking powder back in stock by then.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

When I re-upped for Baker's Rewards, they sent me 2 $10 rewards, one expiring on the 1st, the other on the 2nd - I'll wait til the end of next week to see if they have any items I'm looking for back in stock, but I'm not holding my breath

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I'm a happy camper now. My Fedex arrived a little while ago and the bags of flour are in good shape. Best use date by April 2021. Hopefully stocks will return somewhat to normal before I need to buy again.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

If you are in need of yeast, KAF has several of them available. Also Bread and WWW flours, limits seem to be lifted.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Thanks, Len, it pays to haunt their site!

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

When I was at Hy-Vee the other day, they had one pound packages of both SAF red and SAF Gold. I didn't see any jars of yeast, so maybe there's still a jar shortage.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.