Eclipse Cookies

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Eclipse Cookies

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

Very nice job, Mike! Are you cloudy this morning?

BakerAunt
      Participant

Mike's cookies are terrific.

I decided that I needed to be more inventive with mine, so I left a small spot on each free of the sparkling yellow sugar and used some fine black decorating sugar on that surface. They lack the crisp lines that are the hallmark of an eclipse, but we will eat them just the same.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

Very cool. VERY, very cool! The east coast is supposed to have another eclipse in 7 years so this gives me something to shoot for and time to practice.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

It's a little hazy here, the start of the eclipse is in about 8 minutes, not sure how much it will clear up by totality, which is at about 1:08 PM.

:fingers crossed:

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The eclipse has started, I've got my first shot with just a small nibble out of the sun. It's still a bit hazy but it looks like it may actually clear up somewhat as the eclipse progresses.

My wife says the eclipse cookies are a big hit.

BakerAunt
              Participant

My husband is tracking it by using his telescope to project the image onto a piece of cardboard. We have some clouds coming and going. Our area is supposed to get 86-87% coverage.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Totality was pretty exciting, a little cloudy/hazy but we could see corona and the diamond ring, possibly even Bailey's Beads. Watching the darkened sky progress from west to east was fascinating.

S_Wirth
                  Participant

We were at 98.85% and not very dark at all. We have storms coming the rest of the afternoon.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

My photos of the progression of the eclipse came out pretty good, but not the shots at totality, I probably needed to change some camera settings after taking off the solar filter. I got one that appears to show some of the diamond ring. Oh well, it was still exciting to experience it, and unless I travel it's likely the only total solar eclipse I'll ever witness, certainly the only one that will pass directly over my house. And there are likely going to be millions of shots of the total eclipse posted on the Internet within the next few days.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Mike Nolan.
                      skeptic7
                      Participant

I love the pictures of the eclipse cookies! I had a 80% eclipse and saw it from work. I didn't have time to build a pinhole box but was able to look through other peoples' boxes and a coworker's really high grade wielder's glasses.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.