Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of October 9, 2016

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of October 9, 2016

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Thanks to Italian Cook for the reminder. I was interrupted this afternoon and forgot to add the cooking thread. Here it is now. As you will see, my cooking is basic these days, not interesting. Most of the week, we were eating leftover pork chops my husband made for Sunday dinner. (Neither stepchild showed up for different reasons, so there was a lot left.) On Thursday, morning, I made a large pot of minestrone for lunches for the next week. That evening, I mixed some leftover pork and drippings with sautéed mushrooms, spinach noodles and peas for a quick dinner. On Friday, I cooked a roast with vegetables in my crockpot.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I made a double batch of Broccoli Soup for the freezer. I'm trying to restock, since I emptied it during the summer. I use The Neely's recipe from Food Network. The show is no longer aired, but the recipe is still there as The Neely's Broccoli Soup. I like this recipe, because it uses only 1/2 cup cream (I use half 'n half). I tell myself it's healthier than cream of broccoli soup, because it doesn't have as much cream.

From Martha Stewart's website, I made Potato-Cauliflower & Cheddar Bake for the first and last time. The taste was fine, but it took more back labor than I want to give to a side dish. If I were younger, I'd probably make it again.

I also made Chicken with Dirty Rice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.