Did You Cook Anything Interesting he Week of May 29, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting he Week of May 29, 2016?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Monday evening, I roasted chicken thighs with small potatoes, a few carrots, mushrooms, and red bell pepper. I drizzled with olive oil, then seasoned with rosemary, sage, thyme, and a bit of sweet curry. On Wednesday, I cut up leftover pork chops. I sauteed some vegetables, mixed in the pork, and some turkey broth, then combined it with buckwheat noodles. (Usually, I would use pan drippings from the pork, but it got spilled,) It's a favorite way of ours for using leftover meat, and whatever vegetables are around. I cooked enough both days that I won't have to cook the rest of the week. More time for baking!

Spread the word
      rottiedogs
      Participant

The grills were fired up again. We had cheeseburgers and BBQ chicken with corn on the cob. I also made a small bowl of macaroni salad for another side. For something different during the week, the BBQ chicken breast was sliced and we had flatbread sandwiches. Goes quicker after work to just reheat than to cook from scratch.

cwcdesign
        Participant

We got some wonderful vegetables from a local farm, so we have had simple sides of grated, sautéed squash, green beans with olive oil and salt and the simplest recipe I found for tomatoes for bruschetta from Simply Recipes. Then I made oven fried chicken tenders (they were on sale) with wonderful spices. Now, to make sure the bottoms stay crunchy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.