Challah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Hi. This weeks Torah portion is on challah. My rabbi sent out some interesting information. I've only just started the article at this link.

He also sent something from Maimonides a famous medieval Jewish scholar, mystic, and doctor. Maimonides said bread is a symbol of the partnership between God and man. We cannot make bread without God who provides the flour, water, and yeast [my note - a little salt too, please]. But God needs man to make those into bread.

Just read through the article and it is short but I learned some things I did not know. Watch the video. It's okay but after it was done there were a series of videos including this one for rainbow challah. I will keep it in my back pocket for next time I make challah with little kids or even some older ones!

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Interesting articles. The whole wheat honey challah is one I may try, I found it interesting that it used the egg yolk instead of the egg white for the wash.

skeptic7
        Participant

I didn't know there were so many varieties of Challah, some of them sound very strange like chocolate chip and pumpkin cinnamon, but tasty.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I've only had time to watch the video, but I'm looking forward to reading about the others. Thanks for posting the link, Aaron.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.