Baked dog treats

Home Forums General Discussions Baked dog treats

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Adopted a little dachshund mix dog from our local SPCA the end of August. We had to put mom's last dog (14 yrs old) to sleep in March (awful thing to have to do) and I told her and my husband NO MORE DOGS!! So what did I do? Kept looking at the spca website and adopted an adult dog. Years ago I bought the bone shaped cookie cutters from kaf plus their mix. Mom's dogs didn't like the kaf mix at all. Decided to try baking Shorty some peanut butter pumpkin treats which were really easy and the recipe only had 4 ingredients-- pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, water. They're not rock hard and he likes them. Anyone bake treats for their pets?

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

I’ve made the KAF Best of Breed dog biscuits for years. My dog loved them and so have the dogs I’ve gifted them to. I would assume the mix is less fresh than the ones from scratch. It’s pretty easy too

kimbob
        Participant

Thanks, I'll look them up! Didn't even know they existed.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Kimbob--Where is the recipe for the pumpkin-peanut butter treats? It might be fun to try, and I do have a cookie cutter somewhere.

I used to bake treats for my sister's dog, but he had some health issues that required a specialized diet. That recipe was complicated (cooked black beans, brewers yeast). I've not baked for our dog, per se, but my husband is always sharing his bread, etc. with her, so in a way, I have baked for her.

kimbob
            Participant

Looked at the recipe again. No water. Just pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs and ww flour. I made half the recipe because I made small biscuits and it made alot. I put most of them in the freezer after baking and take some out when I need them. I ate a couple. Lol. Dry but not too bad.

kimbob
              Participant

I copied the url and the picture shows. Tap the pic and it'll take you to the website.

kimbob
                Participant

And I used white whole wheat flour and natural creamy pb.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thanks, Kimbob. I have printed the recipe and will put it in the "to try" pile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.