100 ways to cook an egg

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) 100 ways to cook an egg

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Caesar dressing has egg in it. So does thousand island dressing, though the recipe I use starts out by making mayonnaise, so it probably shouldn't be counted.

S_Wirth
      Participant

--Welsh Rarebit

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

There are a number of sauces in Peterson's sauces book that use crumbled hard boiled egg yolk as a liaison. I haven't made any of them yet but I think those sauces are enough different from sauces that use raw egg or raw egg yolk that they should probably be listed separately, since they represent different cooking techniques, and that's more or less what Câreme was getting at.

I think we may be over 50 at this point, and we've probably hardly touched the savory dishes where egg is not the primary component.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Shakshuka–or is that too close to poached egg? (I really want to try making this dish sometime.)

On the new episodes of Good Eats, Alton Brown did Shakshuka, the episode just aired this past Sunday.

Right now I'm watching on Bon Appetit's app on Roku, 59 ways to cook an egg. It's fast but interesting.

chocomouse
            Participant

Seems that you all had some egg-cellent fun that I missed out on yesterday! I think I can add to your egg-tensive collection of ways to use eggs in cooking:
              -- as a wash for baked goods to aid in browning and shine; or help seeds, etc to stick to the top of baked goods; and to help the edges of dough stick together when baked, such as on turnovers.
              -- in bibambop, one of my my favorite Korean dishes

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by chocomouse.
            Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.