Thu. Oct 8th, 2026

skeptic7

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,353 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: ? 4 BakerAunt #16788
    skeptic7
    Participant

      When I do focaccio, I place the dough in the pan and flatten out as much as possible, then leave the dough for at least 15 minutes and then flatten it some more. I have one of those little rolling pins for tarts and I often use that.
      I've never done the Blitz Focaccio recipe but my recipe is very slack. Sometimes if the dough is dry I don't get it spread out over the pan. I use 4 cups of flour in a 9x13 pan

      There is a link to the rolling pin.

      in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 23, 2019? #16771
      skeptic7
      Participant

        I did a whole wheat cheese pizza with 3-4 tablespoons of pizza sauce. I like left over pizza for lunch on these hot days.

        in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 24, 2019 #16770
        skeptic7
        Participant

          I eat lots of peaches and I can't tell the type of peach from looking at it.

          in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 23, 2019 #16764
          skeptic7
          Participant

            I guessed this but it was an easy guess.

            in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of June 16, 2019? #16728
            skeptic7
            Participant

              I made bread on Thursday in the slow cooker. I put the bread in the pan, placed it the slow cooker and went off to work. It was suppose to be a whole wheat bread with a cinnamon swirl. Things got busy and work and I came home late to find the bread was badly over cooked and had a decided harsh carmelized flavor. I cut it in cubes and went off to feed the geese this morning.

              in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 21, 2019 #16727
              skeptic7
              Participant

                I guessed at my second choice.

                in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 20, 2019 #16726
                skeptic7
                Participant

                  I was mainly lucky.

                  in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of June 16, 2019? #16669
                  skeptic7
                  Participant

                    I did Cranberry Pumpkin whole wheat scones on Sunday. They were a little dry but are making a very good breakfast when reheated and spread with a little butter. I've been taking them to work for a snack with unfortunately no butter, but with either milk or coffee.

                    in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 18, 2019 #16668
                    skeptic7
                    Participant

                      I got this right by accident.

                      in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 17, 2019 #16661
                      skeptic7
                      Participant

                        Missed it

                        in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 13, 2019 #16650
                        skeptic7
                        Participant

                          Got it but only by a lucky guess.

                          in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 14, 2019 #16649
                          skeptic7
                          Participant

                            I got it!

                            in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 16, 2019 #16648
                            skeptic7
                            Participant

                              I missed this. I don't do any true barbecuing, but I have put ribs in a crockpot with barbecue sauce.

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 9, 2019? #16647
                              skeptic7
                              Participant

                                Wednesday evening, I tried baking focaccio in a slowcooker. I placed it directly on the bottom of the slowcooker insert lined with parchment paper. I cooked at on low starting at 11:00 pm. I checked on it at 3:00 am or so and found the temperature was 140 degrees so I left it alone. I looked at it again in the morning and found the temperature was still 140 degrees but the bread was hard and crispy and dry on the bottom half! Not a success. I guess cooking a loaf in its own pan is differnt from cooking flat bread directly on the cooking surface.
                                If I try this again, I am definitely checking much sooner like after 3 hours and not only with a thermometer. I ate it ayway even though the texture was more like rusk toast.

                                in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 8, 2019 #16495
                                skeptic7
                                Participant

                                  I got it!

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,051 through 1,065 (of 1,353 total)