Sun. Oct 11th, 2026

cwcdesign

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,569 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 15, 2026? #48828
    cwcdesign
    Participant

      Belated Happy Birthday, Kimbob🥳

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 15, 2026? #48817
      cwcdesign
      Participant

        I finally finished making the falafel tonight. Yesterday morning I made the "dough" and got home too late to make them. So this morning, I scooped and put them on the baking sheet and into the fridge. Tonight I baked them and made quick tzatziki and had them over arugula. I like the flavor, but I think the baking time was a little too long as I thought they were dry.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 15, 2026? #48803
        cwcdesign
        Participant

          I had planned to make falafel tonight, but I didn't leave work until 6. I wasn't sure what I had and then I remembered that I had bought some deli corned beef (boar's head) and some KerryGold cheddar on sale just because I might want some this week. I made a corned beef and cheddar sandwich with arugula, mayo and Dijon on toasted English muffin toasting bread. It was perfect.

          in reply to: Whole Wheat, Rye, Semolina Single Loaf or Buns #48783
          cwcdesign
          Participant

            BA & Len - a question - if I used BA's doubled recipe do you think I could bake it in the Emile Henry Long Baker?

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 8, 2026? #48736
            cwcdesign
            Participant

              I had cheese toast on English muffin bread. I took something out of the freezer, but it hadn't thawed in time. I was busy making curried chicken salad for our church's annual house tour (they serve tea in the parish hall)

              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of March 8, 2026? #48716
              cwcdesign
              Participant

                Looks lovely (and delicious) Len

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 8, 2026? #48702
                cwcdesign
                Participant

                  I cooked two artichokes tonight that were on sale at Harris Teeter - one for tonight and one for tomorrow. They are nice and tender. I made Cheater's Aioli from Cookie & Kate that I had saved a while back - I didn't use as much garlic as she said, but it had just a nice flavor, not overwhelming

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of March 1, 2026? #48657
                  cwcdesign
                  Participant

                    Isn't Fast rise different from instant yeast?

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 1, 2026? #48639
                    cwcdesign
                    Participant

                      Happy Birthday Joan!

                      Yesterday, I made a kale pasta Caesar salad from NYT. I added baked chicken tenders. For all the great reviews, I was disappointed. I halved the amount of pasta and it came out dry. And I thought the dressing didn't have much flavor except for garlic - I have better creamy ones that I've collected over the years. I actually bought a bottle of oil based Caesar dressing that I like to add some moisture to it - it helped.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 22, 2026? #48620
                      cwcdesign
                      Participant

                        I had some dumplings from Trader Joe's and sautéed the bok choy I bought the other day.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 22, 2026? #48614
                        cwcdesign
                        Participant

                          I had the last of my chicken pot pie soup from the freezer with harvest bread toast.

                          in reply to: Potholes — Nebraska Style #48609
                          cwcdesign
                          Participant

                            Thanks for this Mike. I sent it to my son in New Zealand who was complaining about the potholes there. Reminds me of the sinkhole in Winter Park, FL when we lived there in the early 80's

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 22, 2026? #48585
                            cwcdesign
                            Participant

                              My sister in New Jersey got 22" My brother in Massachusetts along the coast got 27-30" on top of the 8-10" they already had. I'm thankful to be down here where it's cold but no snow.

                              I made sheet pan chicken fajitas tonight. Instead of tortillas, I cooked my last half cup of bulgur which was a nice base. I added Greek yogurt (full fat) and avocado. I have more for tomorrow at least.

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of February 22, 2026? #48584
                              cwcdesign
                              Participant

                                Thanks Len. I'm looking forward to trying it the next time I bake - I've actually been eyeing it every time you talk about the buns you make with it.

                                I did make Mrs. Cindy's Irish Oatmeal bread today - it came out quite well and I will slice it for the freezer tomorrow. I will post pictures tomorrow from my computer. I have a question about the top of the loaf that a picture will explain better than I can.

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of February 22, 2026? #48574
                                cwcdesign
                                Participant

                                  Actually, BA I have the larger Zo in which you can make 2 loaves of dough - I do it all the time, part of the reason I opted for it. I'm also more apt to make bread, than buns. I planned to acknowledge Len - especially if I actually make it. I was just asking questions about your version.

                                  Today, because it's cold, I'm going to make Mrs Cindy's Irish Oatmeal Bread.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,569 total)