Wonky Kitchen Aid bowl

Home Forums General Discussions Wonky Kitchen Aid bowl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Hi. Anyone ever had a Kitchen Aid bowl go bad? I have the 5 qt one that came with my mixer and it has started to come loose when I mix stiff doughs with it. I can brace the handle against the stand and that helps.

I have a second 5 qt bowl (both the KA 150) and it holds fast which is why I believe it to be the bowl and not the stand.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I haven't had a problem with mine. I have 2 KA's, one retired but still usable, both bowl lift models. Aaron, it sounds like you have the tilt head model? just wondering. I've heard of the locking mechanism for the tilt head failing but not the bowl itself. That's too bad, I know those bowls aren't cheap.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I haven't had a problem with mine. I have 2 KA's, one retired but still usable, both bowl lift models. Aaron, it sounds like you have the tilt head model? just wondering. I've heard of the locking mechanism for the tilt head failing but not the bowl itself. That's too bad, I know those bowls aren't cheap.

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

Len you are correct. I have a tilt head model. At least I still have one working bowl and can make the other work if I need to. But I cannot depend on my wife or kids knowing how to brace it right.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I don't have a loose bowl, but I've been told that putting a small piece of masking tape on the bowl helps lock it in without making it so firm you can't get it off.

aaronatthedoublef
              Participant

Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.