What to do with leftover pie and frosting?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Desserts What to do with leftover pie and frosting?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had a little cherry pie left from last week and some of the cream cheese frosting from the Christmas Eve cinnamon rolls, so my wife tried warming some of the frosting and spreading it on the last of the cherry pie.

It was pretty good, she said.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I love making something out of leftovers Mike,good for your wife!

chocomouse
        Participant

Mike, if we had your leftovers, my husband would be happy to eat that pie right out of the pie plate, and I would finish off the cream cheese frosting with a spoon!

BakerAunt
          Participant

What are these leftovers of which you speak?

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I like the cream cheese frosting on graham crackers, I didn't get to taste the cherry pie/frosting combination.

Italiancook
              Participant

If I could resist the temptation to eat both the pie with a fork and the frosting with a spoon, I would freeze them for a special treat.

RiversideLen
                Participant

What is "leftover pie"? Do you have a recipe for that? I've never seen it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Before we were married, my wife was given a 'kitchen' bridal shower where everybody brought a spice and a recipe. (We had over a dozen bottles of chili powder as a result, it took us decades to use them all or throw them out.)

One of the recipes was for 'goulash'. It went something like this:

Throw everything you have in the refrigerator into a pot. Except leftover pancake batter, tried that once, it was terrible!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.