What Did You Cook the Week of December 4, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What Did You Cook the Week of December 4, 2016?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Sunday, I made my Turkey Pot Pie, based on a recipe that KAF sent out, back when they would e-mail us recipes. I've improved it over the years, so it is now truly my own. On Thursday I used the Bob's Vegi-Soup bean and barley mix to make soup with ground turkey, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini and yellow squash. I had plenty of chicken/turkey broth in the freezer. It came out thick--more of a stew than a soup, but we do not mind.

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

On Monday, I made Chicken Marbella for a going away dinner for my boss ๐Ÿ™ we ate leftovers for a couple of days and then I made a sheet pan dinner of veggies and sausage which is a definite keeper. On Friday, I nailed the Crockpot Buffalo Chicken which has a decent kick. Baker Aunt - did you want that recipe when I got it right or was it the honey ginger chicken?

Italiancook
        Participant

Early in the week, I made a double batch of Sloppy Joe mix for the freezer and us. We ate that for a few days. Last night, I made Fettuccini Alfredo from "Papa Rossi's Secrets of Italian Cooking." Because it has a stick of butter, an egg, a half-cup cream and 3/4 cups Parmesan, I make it only a couple of times a year, but it sure is a treat.

I also made Kelsey Nixon's Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal, but did something different this time. The recipe calls for cinnamon. Instead, I used KAF Winter Spice. I leveled off the 2 teaspoons, but will round them next time. It gave the oatmeal a different flavor, a good flavor, with slight lingering spicy heat afterward.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Made a pot of Oyster Stew,Chili and Taco Salads.Had the chili over hotdogs with cheese,and to use the last up we had it over white rice.

luvpyrpom
            Participant

Not much cooking this week, made a sweet potato casserole - simple sweet potatoes sliced and shingled into a dish, sprinkle with chopped nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Didn't cook much protein - had bought some rotisserie chicken leg quarters and had been eating that pretty much the whole week. On Friday, we had a birthday dinner for my mom and I made Mochiko Chicken - teriyaki flavored deep fried chicken bites.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Cwcdesign--It's the honey-ginger chicken recipe that I would like when you perfect it. My husband does not tolerate hot spices digestively, so I have to be careful what I make.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.