What are you Cooking the Week of November 19, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 19, 2023?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Diane made the cranberry sauces and the relish tray, but I did popovers, turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole and Brussels sprouts.

I'm not a big fan of cranberry sauce, but I suggested she add some apple, so she wound up making two batches of cranberry sauce, the usual one (cranberries, sugar, orange juice and slivered almonds) and another with diced Winesap apple as well. She also added a little cinnamon to them.

The cranberry-apple sauce was pretty good on popovers, but I thought the apple butter I made a few weeks ago was better.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. We're about half way through getting the dishes done and put away. Got the serving dishes done, still working on all the pots and pans.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Thanksgiving here was lovely. We zoomed with the kids in the early afternoon and dined in the evening. I put away all the special serving dishes this morning. I enjoyed a turkey sandwich of Rye Semolina bread with spinach and my cranberry sauce. I will make that combination again. After pumpkin pie and coffee, I am ready for a lazy afternoon.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I had turkey, potatoes and gravy for supper, Diane had the same, plus stuffing.

We both agree that the potatoes and the gravy came out very good yesterday.

I've got a pretty big bag of turkey to use up, so I'll probably make turkey stock from the carcass tomorrow and then make a big turkey pot pie on Sunday or Monday.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had turkey, pasta and cauliflower.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I made an upscale take on turkey ala king: Onion, peppers, carrots, mushrooms in a white wine cream sauce with left over turkey. We had it on the rest of the mashed potatoes.

chocomouse
                Participant

I cooked a spaghetti squash with a pizza filling: mushrooms, black olives, sliced sweet red pepper, onions, pepperoni, my pizza sauce, cheddar and mozzarella. We have about 10 large spaghetti squashes from the garden still to eat; I'm going to try to give away most of them, as they do not keep well.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Friday, we re-ran Thanksgiving dinner, except for switching out green beans for broccoli.

On Saturday, because we did not have much dressing left, I made some muddled mashed potatoes to go with the other food, and we had microwaved frozen peas for the vegetable.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a cheeseburger (smoked cheddar), a baked sweet potato and steamed red cabbage. Followed by a slice of apple pie with ice cream.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.