What are you Cooking the Week of May 8, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 8, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I asked my wife what she wants for supper tonight, she's still thinking about it.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had my easy meal...Taco salad.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We picked up dinner at the Farmer's market and on the way home. Nothing fancy, but we do have some nice strawberries for dessert that I bought yesterday. I was thinking about making a Charlotte sponge cake but I can't find my Charlotte pan.

BakerAunt
          Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made the turkey-spinach loaf and roasted cut up yellow potatoes tossed in olive oil and Penzey's Sunny Paris seasoning to go with it. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had takeout Chinese sitting on the back patio. It hit 92 here today, but it is cooling off nicely this evening.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I cooked a chargrilled chicken breast,squash casserole from leftover squash,green lima beans and and a box of stuffing that I doctored up with onion,celery,chicken stock from roasted chicken added a can of cream of chicken soup and a few slices of dry bread.I had cranberry sauce which is the only good part of that stuffing.We ate the stuffing but it isn't corn bread dressing as we're use to.My husband said he'd eat it just because but please don't fix that anymore.I agree.But we got full.That's my first and last Stove top stuffing.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Joan--my mother once bought some other brand of stuffing than our beloved blue bag Pepperidge Farm. She and the rest of us agreed: never again.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Exactly what BakerAunt said!! Nothing but the blue bag!

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I've made stuffing with gluten-free cornbread, it was pretty good. But the Pepperidge Farm Herbed Cubes are the gold standard here.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

To go with the leftover meatloaf for Tuesday night’s dinner, I made quinoa salad with corn and baby lima beans. Penzey's has the recipe as Ensalada de Quinoa. I like to substitute their Sandwich Sprinkle blend in the dressing. I was able to snag real goat cheese feta. With the temperatures hitting the 80s today, it is a good day not to need the oven.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

It's a little cooler here today than yesterday, mid 80's. Burgers on the grill is the plan.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I visited my sister today so I had an easy meal of hamburger steaks and fries.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

Yesterday I braised a couple of pork chops in Mole sauce, I had one with rice, refried beans, kale and a quesadilla. I overcooked the quesadilla a little, making the tortilla a little crisp but it was good and softened up when I dipped it in the mole sauce.

pork

I have a leftover chop and mole sauce for tonight's dinner but haven't decided on the sides. The veggie will probably be broccoli.

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                              Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had tacos tonight.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had fried pork chops,macaroni and cheese and fried okra.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.