What are you Cooking the Week of May 7, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 7, 2023?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Maybe we'll get our BLT's tonight, or maybe burgers on the grill.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

My husband wanted smoked pork chops,potato salad and baked beans, it was so good.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Joan, I'm glad your husband's appetite is improving!

Yesterday I made a boneless pork roast on the BBQ, had it with baked beans, mashed potato and cauliflower.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I made buns today and we had burgers on the grill with some steamed broccoli.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Thanks Len,his appetite has really improved a lot.

Tonight we had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Those dinners are perfect, Joan. I'm glad his appetite has returned.

I made my lighter version of my Mom's hamburger stroganoff for dinner on Tuesday. I served it over brown rice (she always used white rice) with microwaved frozen peas on the side.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Thursday night's dinner is sweet potatoes, which I roasted in the countertop oven, boneless pork chops that my husband cooked on the stove top, and microwaved frozen lima beans.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tuesday & Wednesday night we had steak and baked potato,tonight we had shrimp from a local restaurant all my husbands choice.

Well our stove top that was put in our home when we built back in 1986 finally quit working and if I could have gotten replacement parts I would have in a heartbeat.So we got a 30 inch radiant heat glass top Whirlpool from Home Depot.My brother in law came last night and put it in and had to patch the front counter where my old one dropped down for the knobs and this one is all on top.Bless his heart it looks wonderful.He filled the gap and dressed it up with strips that he stained and sealed it is a shade lighter but thats because my old wood cabinets has aged.I told him it's fine ,nothing in our home is "perfect" nor do I care for it to be,I like functional .I cooked breakfast on it today and it did fine,sure got lots to learn on the way it heats up fast, my old one took forever and I had gotten down to two eyes and small ones at that..Thankful for a stove top.Thankful for family and praying friends.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Joan, my stove is from when we built back in 1985. I hate thinking about needing to get a new one. The new electronic things take me forever to learn how to use; new car a year ago, new computer in January, etc. But once you learn how to make it work for you, you'll love it.

Today I made a bean salad and a broccoli salad to take on my trip tomorrow. I made extra to leave for my husband to eat while I'm gone. It will be a nice change for him instead of a can of beans and a hot dog.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I'm glad your stove is back in action, Joan.

I made stir-fry for dinner on Friday using the leftover pork and pan deglazing from last night's meal. The vegetables were green onion, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and some kale. I added 2 tsp. cider vinegar at the end to offset the kale, then mixed in cooked soba noodles.

I also made my usual batch of yogurt.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had steaks on the grill, baked potato and steamed broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight we had pulled pork BBQ with corn on the cob and baked potato.

I love my new stove top so far ,heats up so fast.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill for supper tonight.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had fried chicken,macaroni and cheese, fresh green beans with red potatoes diced in them and sliced tomatoes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.