What are You Cooking the Week of May 17, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 17, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made New England Clam Chowder for lunch on Sunday to have with a thick slice of my most recent bread. My husband does not care for clam chowder, so I’ll have it for lunches for the next few days.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had leftover pizza husband had sandwich and pork-n-beans.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We picked up some lettuce at the farmer's market, along with some gyros for lunch, so we'll have salad and leftover gyros for supper, and left-over pizza if that's not enough.

kimbob
          Participant

Frugal gourmet crustless quiche using cheddar, provolone and bacon. Kaf buttermilk biscuits using self rising flour.

BakerAunt
            Participant

On Monday, I made another batch of yogurt (i.e.—six ¾ cup jars).

For dinner, I made split pea soup with carrots, celery, and ham. It also has 2 Tbs. dried onion, ½ tsp. thyme, and ¼ tsp. marjoram.

chocomouse
              Participant

We had chicken-grape salad.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had a hamburger on light bread with chips and pickles,my husband had soup and sandwich.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made a batch of spaghetti sauce today, had some with pasta and cauliflower.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

No cooking here tonight it's peanut butter and jam with a glass of milk.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

It's going to be the same as yesterday with the addition of a fresh baked bun which I turn into garlic bread.

Italiancook
                        Participant

I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes & served with frozen Brussels sprouts. Leftovers for 2 or 3 meals.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Tuesday night’s dinner was roasted chicken thighs and roasted Russet potato wedges that were drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s Sunny Paris and garlic powder and a bit of salt. We also had microwaved broccoli. I made enough chicken and potatoes for a second meal, but we will have leftover pea soup tomorrow.

kimbob
                            Participant

Ham steaks, leftover crustless quiche, salad. Quick and easy!

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Our plan is for BLT's tonight.

chocomouse
                                Participant

We had ribs, potatoes and green salad, on the grill tonight. And an unexpected dinner guest - a bear. While we were eating, one of our security cameras alerted us to a visitor. The bear was wandering in the backyard, nose in the air. I thought it smelled our ribs and might show up on the deck any minute. Then it headed to the 2 bird feeders which we had just restocked with meal worms for the bluebirds and Baltimore orioles yesterday. We always bring our feeders in by April 1, which is unfortunate since migrating birds have limited food supplies at that time, but so do bears leaving their dens. This year, we decided to provide our birds with a feast - oranges, grape jelly, meal worms, suet, nuts and seeds as well as hummingbird liquid. We yelled and chased the bear off, it came back twice, but has not returned for over an hour now. I don't know what we'll do about feeding the birds -- bears do not forget where they have located potential meals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.