What are you Baking the Week of May 1, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of May 1, 2022?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I baked off the second half of the punitions, and played around with them a bit, putting chocolate chips or half a Hershey bar pip on them, and then I put a lid on some of them to make sandwich cookies.

IMG_0199

IMG_0200

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Looks Yummy!

RiversideLen
        Participant

I am making my sandwich buns this afternoon. I have withheld 2 buns worth of dough and will turn them into a cast iron pizza for dinner.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Cookies with chocolate sandwiched in between looks good Mike.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I baked Lemon Ricotta Cookies on Wednesday. These are my adaptation of the recipe at the Olive Tomato site.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We went hiking in one of the state parks this morning and got home just as the rain was starting. I decided that it was a good afternoon for two baking projects.

I was able to order a case of Bob's Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal through Walmart.com, and it arrived on Thursday. I promptly put it to use and made my recipe for Scottish Oatcakes.

I also used two of my Cara Cara oranges to bake Triple-Orange Pecan Biscotti, a recipe by Susan Betz, from Fine Cooking (Issue 21) that I found on the internet a year or two ago. I made two changes to the recipe: I used white whole wheat flour and I used an additional tablespoon of orange juice in place of a tablespoon of orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier. I also made it as two logs rather than dividing it into six. These are cooling, but I ate an end piece, and they are excellent.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm working on my sweet potato pie, not sure if I'll get it baked tonight or tomorrow.

navlys
                  Participant

I baked the three cheese semolina bread from KA. It was delicious although it didn't have a lot of big holes. Probably didn't proof long enough. I had a gift certificate from KA and the free shipping was just too tempting. Now I have semolina flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, expresso powder and lemon powder to find uses for.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We look forward to hearing about baking adventures with those ingredients, Navlys!

I baked cornbread on Saturday to go with soup. I used some of the cornmeal I had in the freezer from Spring Mill State Park here in Indiana. It has the sweetest taste and is ground in their mill on the river.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Navlys, I absolutely LOVE the lemon juice powder!! I've rarely seen it called for in recipes, even on the KABC site, so I just guess at how much to use. My general rule is about 2 tablespoons in a 2 cups of flour recipe. I write whatever I use on my recipe, and a suggestion after taste-testing for how much to use next time. I use it most often in cookies (e.g. lemon coconut) and in blueberry anything (e.g. muffins, quick bread). You can use it in anything that calls for lemon oil or fresh lemon juice or zest. I find it is a stronger flavor. It is definitely lemony, tart but sweet! I'd love to hear how you use it!

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Even though it's 90 degrees outside, I made a batch of sandwich buns as I was down to my last one.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Deleted and moved to correct thread.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Deleted and moved to week of May 8

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.