What are you Cooking the Week of March 7, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 7, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not sure what we're doing for supper tonight, but it'll probably include salad because the Aerogarden is in need of thinning.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made BBQ from the pork roast I had, coleslaw and fries.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We will finish up the turkey-lentil-vegetable soup and the rolls I baked on Friday.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I made falafel to go with leftover roasted curried cauliflower and tzatziki. We had it with baked brown rice

RiversideLen
            Participant

CWC, your dinner sounds delicious!

I took a container of potato soup from the freezer and had it with a bratwurst and green beans and carrots.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had stew beef cooked with carrots, potatoes and onion and gravy over corn bread.

cwcdesign
                Participant

Thanks Len. It was good tonight too with greens from the garden and avocado.

I got my all-clear from the doctor to go back to work on light duty and I’m scheduled to go back after PT tomorrow. It is all healed, but now the hard work of strengthening my hand - I’m restricted by what my hand can handle and lifting no more than 2 pounds with my left hand, granted I can’t even lift 1 pound right now!

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made chicken stuffed peppers. Had one with rice and cauliflower for dinner.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Good news, CWCdesign! Slow and steady gets the wrist healed!

We will finish the leftover pizza tomorrow. For dinner on Tuesday, I roasted chicken thighs, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s poultry seasoning and sweet curry in the big oven. In the countertop oven, I roasted potato wedges tossed in olive oil with Penzey’s Mural Seasoning. Microwaved fresh broccoli finished out the meal.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Glad to hear you're almost back to yourself Cwcdesign.

Today I fired up the smoker and smoked a chicken which I had cut in half,rubbed in a mixture of different spices brown sugar,chili powder,onion powder smoked paprika,salt and pepper.It turned out very good with enough for another meal.Baked beans and whole kernel corn was the sides.

We've had beautiful weather the last couple of days.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had chicken breasts baked with spinach and mushrooms, and cavitappi with alfredo sauce, and broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

It was in the high 70's here today.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

It was warmer there than in SE Georgia! I hope you enjoyed the day

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I made meatloaf, stewed squash with onion and a baked sweet potato.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

The temperature dropped about 20 degrees here between 3PM and 5PM, and it is expected to be in the low 30's tonight and then highs in the 40's or 50's for another week. Typical spring weather.

But the person who helps with our gardening did get the garden beds cleaned out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.