What are you Cooking the Week of March 31, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 31, 2024?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had fish with broccoli

BakerAunt
      Participant

For Friday's dinner, I decided to use the leftover turkey to make turkey salad sandwiches. As chicken and turkey are different in terms of taste, I went to the internet to look at recipes. I settled on this one:
        https://www.simplejoy.com/turkey-salad/

I had to omit the red onion for my husband, although I put in a bit of onion powder, I omitted the garlic because I do not associate turkey salad with garlic. I put a bit of red onion on mine, and we both added spinach. I thought that my husband might balk at the dried cranberries, but he liked the salad. I feel that something is missing in terms of flavor. Maybe I should add a bit of Dijon mustard as I do with the chicken salad? Any suggestions from the cooks here at Nebraska Kitchen?

We used Whole Wheat Rye Semolina buns (Len's recipe) that I had in the freezer.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had a rotisserie chicken tonight.

navlys
          Participant

BA I assume you used avocado oil mayonnaise. Reading the comment section some people suggested adding apples and pecans. Maybe you can add tarragon or some other spice.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Navlys--actually, we use low-fat regular Kraft mayonnaise. A bit of tarragon is a good suggestion.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made yogurt on Saturday. For dinner, I made Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning. We had it with microwaved peas from the freezer.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had tacos/taco salad tonight.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Yesterday I had rotisserie chicken and vegetables today I had a hamburger and chips,baked beans and potato salad.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.