What are you Cooking the Week of March 31, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 31, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Happy Easter! We're having a ham steak for supper tonight. Not sure about any side dishes, but we may make some deviled eggs.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We bought a turkey for 69 cents per pound at Aldi's several weeks ago, so my husband will roast it for dinner. I will make roasted sweet potato chunks to go with it, and we will probably have either microwaved frozen peas or microwaved fresh broccoli.

We often have turkey at Easter, as my husband prefers it to ham. However, I will be on the lookout for marked down hams after Easter, as he is not averse to ham sandwiches or ham in soups.

I did not make an Easter dessert, since we are still eating Hot Cross Buns. I will make some Easter-themed desserts later in the week.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We're having ham, probably some broccoli and, of course, deviled eggs (which are keto-friendly.) Probably another tiny slice of apple pie for dessert.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I offered to make deviled eggs, but Will said he ate eggs every morning, so he didn't want any. I made crockpot Chicken Jambalaya. I made two changes from when I used to make it. Instead of cutting the chicken before cooking, I cooked the chicken breasts whole as I could use my ChefAlarm to monitor the temp of the chicken. I also decided to bake brown rice with the liquid from the chicken before combining it back in. I cut the chicken and put it back in the sauce while the rice cooked. We will definitely keep these changes.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made pork chops and gravy, had it with broccoli and pasta.

BakerAunt
              Participant

To go with leftover turkey on Monday, I made a farro stir-fry with carrots, celery, yellow bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and kale.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had tacos tonight, and I'm making another batch of custard.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had steak and a pasta salad.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I had a steak and pasta salad.Repeat from yesterday.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I'm doing a beef stir fry tonight, with cauliflower rice.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We had leftover vegetable farro stir-fry and turkey. I also made some gravy to put on the turkey. I used the pan drippings and about 1/2 cup of quick oats which I ground into flour before making a slurry. I also use oat flour to thicken stews. For flavor, I added some crushed rosemary, thyme, sage, and a bit of sweet curry, with a bit of freshly ground pepper.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Steak and corn on the cob and sauteed mushrooms.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

We had turkey again on Wednesday. This time I paired it with sauteed mushrooms mixed with spinach noodles and some of the gravy I made yesterday. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Ham and potato salad.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Thursday, I roasted potato chunks tossed in olive oil, which we had with turkey, gravy, and microwaved frozen green beans.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.