What are you cooking the week of March 31, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of March 31, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a small pre-sliced baked ham for supper tonight, it's been marinating in ginger ale for two days.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

For dinner last night, I prepared boneless pork chops and smashed potatoes, with Penzey's Sunny Paris seasoning blend. With it, we had a spring greens salad.

Our trip to Penzey's was great fun! I found everything on my list, plus a few extras. Sunny Paris is a favorite of mine, and I've been out of it for a couple of months.

Italiancook
        Participant

I haven't wanted to cook or bake for the last 2 weeks, so I'm saying I was on a staycation. But this afternoon, I felt hungry with no suitable food. I had one red pepper, onions, and mayo. I made an onion dip and enjoyed it with sliced red pepper. I suppose this means my staycation is over.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had Sloppy Joe's and chips.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I probably should have tented the ham, used a lower temperature or taken it out earlier, the top edges are, well, crunchy. That's more likely to happen with a pre-sliced ham. It still tasted good, though my wife cut off the crunchy part.

navlys
              Participant

We went on a late afternoon food tour in St Pete Florida. We started with fish tacos with a mango salsa on side. Next was a chicken curry dish at a British pub. Then we had roasted salmon on white sauced tortellini at a restaurant on the water and
                finally 3 delightful desserts from a French bakery,a tart with non bitter raspberries a macaron and a truffle. Too full for anything else. All delicious too.

chocomouse
                Participant

That all sounds delicious!! Was this a planned tour group, or just something you decided to do on your own? It sounds like fun, too.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Sunday, I made broth from the bones of the rotisserie chicken and those from a turkey breast in the freezer. I had run out of stock, so I needed to restock!

For dinner on Sunday, I made beef stew, which was perfect for the colder weather. There is enough for several days.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by BakerAunt.
                    Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had open faced sloppy joes and chips.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Navlys your food tour sounds nice,I know y'all enjoyed that!

navlys
                        Participant

The St. Pete food tour came up on Groupon. The cost was super reasonable but we purchased it at the right time. St. Petersburg is undergoing a rejuvenation.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Chili cheese hot dogs today.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We grilled salmon, and had risotto with asparagus and a green salad. Spring is arriving, slowly!

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I made Sloppy Joes today.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

More Sloppy Joes and chips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.