What are you cooking the week of March 10, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of March 10, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

The Ides of March will be upon us soon, and some day, maybe even Spring.

Today's a leftovers day for us.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had a hamburger on light bread and my husband had a hamburger patty with 2 scrambled eggs.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had boneless pork ribs and I browned them first then poured a can of mushroom soup and baked for a couple hours,rice and creamed corn.The last time I cooked these they were dry so I changed up to the soup and they turned out very tender and good.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner tonight was leftover corn chowder and egg salad sandwiches with eggs fresh out of the nests.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf,mashed potatoes and garden pea salad.

RiversideLen
              Participant

i had meatball pizza.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had chicken tenders,lima beans rice and tomato gravy.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had takeout fried chicken. I spent half the day today dealing with my wife's car, which blew out a tire in one of Lincoln's many huge potholes yesterday, and I just didn't feel like cooking anything. The dealership told me they've probably seen 100 similar cases this week.

navlys
                    Participant

The place we are staying at has a Friday cocktail party every week. Someone brought some asparagus and brie tartlets from the "dairy goodness" web site. They were yummy. I made appetizer meatballs with a different sauce from the usual jelly and cocktail sauce. The first time I made the sauce I used dried onion flakes. the second time I used fresh onion chopped. I liked the sauce made with the dried onion better. I used Rosina frozen meatballs. This Friday we are celebrating St. Patty's day and I will make old fashion potato salad with hard boiled eggs.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Today I used up the left over spaghetti and meat sauce to make spaghetti pie.I heat the spaghetti and meat sauce in 1 &1/2 qt casserole then took 4 ounces of cream cheese beaten with 1 egg,parmesan cheese and onion powder.creamed that and topped the spaghetti and added cheddar cheese on top.Baked for about 35 minutes and it was very good.If I had spring onions I add them in with the tops but I wasn't going to grocery store for just that.We had this with salad and garlic bread.Trying to stretch a Indian Head Penny to make a buffalo nickel.Little humor there.It's like eating lasagna.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Joan Simpson.
                        chocomouse
                        Participant

That sounds like a good meal, and great humor!

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Not sure if this counts as baking, since the lavash is pre-made from the grocery store, but we're having lavash pizza, with mozzarella, havarti, mushrooms, tomato slices and artichoke hearts.

chocomouse
                            Participant

I made two soups today - Duchess, and clam chowder. I put two containers of each into the freezer. That will help with meal prep when we are gathering and boiling maple sap - I never know what time or even if we will be having dinner. Sugaring season is running very late this year, due to crazy weather patterns.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Mike that's something I've never heard of lavash...but I googled it.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Lavash is one of those flatbreads that is much easier to buy than to make.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.