What are you cooking the week of March 10, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of March 10, 2019?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight we had baked chicken,broccoli and cheese and scalloped potatoes.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had leftover lasagna, to which we added a little more tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For Sunday dinner, I made salmon and couscous with Greek seasoning.

On Monday, I made Tomato and Gigante Bean Bake (Pizza Beans) from Smitten Kitchen Every Day. I used giant lima beans from Bob’s Red Mill. This time I cooked 2 ½ cups dried. I always throw in the whole bunch of kale. I added browned ground turkey, because my husband prefers to have meat included. I cut the mozzarella from 8 oz. to 4 oz, and I cube it and sprinkle it on top. I don’t add salt, and this time I did not add the Italian seasoning. My husband prefers it that way, and I think it allows the flavors of the other elements to shine on their own.

On Thursday, I made a chicken-vegetable-soba noodle stir-fry. We used the last frozen chicken breast, which unfortunately was one of those rubbery ones. At least it was somewhat hidden by the vegetables: celery, red bell pepper, carrots, Baby Bella mushrooms, broccoli, and green onion. I had some defatted chicken drippings in the freezer which I used for the sauce.

Saturday’s dinner will be Salmon and Couscous, probably with Penzey’s Sunny Paris seasoning, with steamed green beans as the side.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Today I used left overs and made lima bean soup,only having to add one carrot,one rib celery,half an onion and 2 bullion cubes.The left over rice and tomato gravy made it just thick enough on this cool damp day.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Tonight we had steak, mushrooms, baked potato and a salad consisting of a bed of romaine with artichoke hearts and five bean salad on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.