What are you Cooking the Week of June 9, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 9, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Cheesecake filling is on the list of things to make today, and possible baked custard as well.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had rotisserie chicken, salad and potato salad.Got another watermelon scooped out in the fridge ready to eat when it's cold.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For lunch on Sunday and the next two days, I made a pasta salad using a jar of the relish that I canned last fall. I added green onion and quartered cherry tomatoes and Greek olives, then had it on a bed of spinach. Next time, I will not use the olives, as they do not go with the dressing. Otherwise, it's a fast salad with whatever vegetables are around.

I also made yogurt today.

For dinner, we re-ran the black-eyed peas, rice, and ham.

chocomouse
          Participant

Tonight we grilled ribs and had leftover salads.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had mozzarella crust pizzas for supper, plus a blueberry muffin. (The recipe still needs tweaking, but it is getting better, this one was a little stiff and needed more buttermilk, and possibly more butter/allolose.)

cwcdesign
              Participant

With Will out of town, last week I made lots of salads. Today I roasted some vegetables to have for a couple of days. Tonight I had some with a cheddar chicken sausage and some pimento cheese. Keeping things simple in this heat. I think it's supposed to be rainy next weekend.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had 2 rotisserie chicken that I had picked the meat off and today boiled the bones and skin for broth after getting the bones and skin out I added chicken and rice to the pot and have a nice chicken soup for a few days. The rice was a pack of chicken flavored rice from Aldis .It was really good.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I envy those of you who have access to good rotisserie chicken. The price at the store in town has soared over the past couple of years.

Dinner on Monday night was put together without a recipe. I sauteed ground turkey, then added chopped celery and grated carrots, then sliced mushrooms, then some torn up spinach. I found a tub of chunky tomato sauce from nearly two years ago in the freezer, and another tub of tomato sauce from last fall as well. I combined the two sauces with the meat and vegetables and added some Worcestershire sauce. I cooked a package of rigatoni, which I combined with the sauce and some pasta water. We had it with grated Parmesan on top. We have enough for two, or maybe three more meals. It was easy chewing for my husband, which is why I grated the carrots, but I think that I will continue to do so when I make this kind of meal again. I like the texture.

chocomouse
                    Participant

That sounds good, BakerAunt. I pulled a container of leftovers out of the freezer for our dinner - ground beef, tomato sauce, and rice. It was really good, with a green salad and rolls that I made this morning. It's been chilly for a couple of days, after several days of temps in the upper 80s, and then we had a surprise rain shower about 4:30 so the meal was perfect for the weather.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had tuna salad on lettuce tonight. I gave my wife a choice of that or a beef stir fry, she chose the tuna salad because it's "summertime" food.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Chicken and rice leftovers with watermelon.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

More black-eyed peas with ham and brown rice.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had Better Chedder dogs with grilled sweet red peppers and onions, on focaccia.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had leftover rotisserie chicken and salads.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

Our Wednesday night dinner was a repeat of Monday's Rigatoni with sauce.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.