What are you Cooking the Week of June 23, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 23, 2024?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had BLT's on the L'Oven Fresh keto bread

BakerAunt
      Participant

We had leftover farro stir-fry for Friday night's dinner.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I had chicken, potato salad and sliced tomatoes.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had chili and dinner rolls, both from the freezer. The temperature did not rise out of the low 50s all day, but we used the heat pump to warm it up to the mid-60s inside.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made yogurt on Saturday.

For dinner, I tried a new recipe, "Tuna-Zucchini Pasta," from Eating Well, which I had seen online. I doubled the recipe, which appears to have been designed for people new to cooking and/or who wanted a fast simple recipe. It called for two pouches of chunk light tuna in water, so I substituted canned tuna. It called for cooking the zucchini and the olive oil and adding the cooked pasta, then putting the tuna and the cut Roma tomato atop it on the plate before adding Parmesan. I added the tomato to the zucchini, then the tuna. I omitted the basil, but I used some basil flavored pasta (not whole grain pasta) that I accidentally bought assuming the green color meant it was spinach pasta. It made a flavorful dinner, and my husband did not mind the slight basil taste from the pasta. The recipe attracted my attention as a fast dinner that did not require heating up the kitchen on a hot day. It is a good basic recipe that could be modified depending on what is in the pantry.

Here is a link to the recipe:
              https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/272182/tuna-zucchini-pasta/

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had a KC strip steak, with a small baked potato and some sauteed mushrooms.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had left over chicken, green beans and carrot, and 3 ingredient one pot mac and cheese.

Mac-n-chicken

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.