What are you Cooking the week of June 23, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 23, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's a thread for this week's cooking activities.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had French toast this morning and grilled cheese and home cut fries for supper.

navlys
        Participant

I marinated and grilled chicken breasts and made a salad with greens and my herbs including beautiful and tasty nasturtium flowers. I never had good luck in the past growing nasturtiums. This year I placed them in a large clay pot with basil and parsley and they all flourished!

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I fried a chicken breast,dried lima beans and rice.

BakerAunt
            Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made Salmon and Couscous with Penzey’s Sunny Paris seasoning and some dried chives (did not have quite enough of the Sunny Paris). We paired it with frozen peas that we microwaved.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Tuesday’s dinner was a stir-fry. I had about 1 cup of mixed whole grain cooked rice and 1 cup of cooked ground turkey in the freezer. I cooked ½ cup of freekeh (an ancient grain that is somewhat like bulgur, but with a more mellow taste—my first time making it). I sautéed onion, celery, mini-red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, carrots, and mushrooms in a bit of canola oil. I added ¼ cup of drippings from the rotisserie chicken we had late last week. I mixed in the rice, the turkey, and the freekeh, then added chopped parsley. It is yet another “grain bowl” triumph.

I also made broth from the bones of a turkey breast in the freezer combined with those of a rotisserie chicken from last week. It is nice to have two refrigerator-freezers again!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: added information
                Joan Simpson
                Participant

I baked a pork tenderloin,sauteed fresh squash with onions and a can of green beans which I added about a half cup of raw onions,I love onion in green beans.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Ah, Joan, it is the week for pork tenderloin!

The local grocery store had a good deal on pork tenderloin last week, so for Wednesday dinner, I made my Maple-Glazed Roast Pork Tenderloin (recipe from America’s Test Kitchen). I boiled new potatoes from the Farmers Market in some salted water, drained, then tossed with Land o’ Lakes Light Butter Canola Oil. Microwaved frozen peas rounded out the meal.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

BakerAunt we love pork tenderloin mmm good stuff.

Tonight I pulled spaghetti and meat sauce from the freezer and made a salad and garlic toast.

chocomouse
                      Participant

I love a roasted pork tenderloin too! But tonight we had boneless pork chops on the grill, with potato salad and greens from the deck topped with leftover Greek salad.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had more of the pork tenderloin,left over lima beans and fresh potato salad.

Just wanted to say I'll be absent from here for a little while.Going to see my sister,her birthday is Sunday she'll be 77.I'm staying awhile so I'll check back in when I'm back home.Hope you all are doing well and keep rattling them pots and pans.

I hope Mike is OK no quiz for 2 days.

BakerAunt I hope all the remodeling is going well and you're in that new kitchen soon!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                          Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We were on the road coming back from PA and I'm still recovering from the cold, so I just didn't get quizzes posted. I should have a new one up for Friday.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Turkey quesedillas for dinner tonight.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Glad to know you're OK Mike,I forgot you had said y'all were going to PA.Hope your cold is better Mike!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Joan Simpson.
                                Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I don't generally post about my travels until they're over, because you never know who's reading stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.