What are you Cooking the Week of June 2, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 2, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No supper ideas yet, we talked about burgers for Saturday night but wound up doing salads instead, but there's rain in the forecast for Sunday, and that might rule our burgers on the grill.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Sunday dinner was roasted bone-in chicken breast, roasted sweet potato chunks, and microwaved frozen peas.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had another lahvosh to use up, so we had another lahvosh pizza, half tonight, the other half probably tomorrow night. I put artichoke hearts, mushrooms, tomato slices (water pressed out), ham, mozzarella cheese, romano cheese and cream cheese on it. It was great.

I also had a salad.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had leftover chicken salad and watermelon.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had the rest of the lahvosh pizza and I had a salad.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We finished the turkey, spinach, and mushroom lasagna for dinner.

The strawberries from the Amish vendor at the farmers market are particularly good this year, so on Monday, I made a batch of strawberry jam. I ended up with four 8 oz. jars and one 4 oz. jar.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had a sub sandwich with chips and an ear of corn.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Breakfast for supper Sausage links, eggs and hash browns with onions.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

we had salads with some leftover rotisserie chicken pieces, tomatoes and olives.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For dinner on Tuesday, I used as a base a recipe for Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Lemon Pasta from Smitten Kitchen. Instead of asparagus (not a favorite of my husband), I used red bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach, to which I added the leftover chicken breast meat from Sunday's dinner. I kept the same seasoning of tarragon but omitted the lemon in deference to my husband. I also added dried shallots, which was recommended by a commentator on the original recipe. I used cavatappi pasta. The recipe called for 5 oz. of goat cheese, but it is sold in 4 oz. logs, so I used 4 oz. When I make it again, I might cut the pasta back from a pound to ¾ of a pound and increase the spinach from 4 oz. to 6 oz.

Earlier today, I cooked some baby lima beans. I froze half and will use the other half to make a dish to have for lunches the rest of the week.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We cooked pork chops and potatoes on the grill, and also had asparagus and a tossed salad.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For lunch on Wednesday, I made Beans and Greens, using baby lima beans and turnip greens. I am excited that my farmers market vendor finally has turnips again. The winter crop was lost to voracious groundhogs. I had a bit of deglazing from pork that was in the freezer, so I added it. I will have lunch for the rest of the week.

Dinner tonight will be a re-run of last night's dinner.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Repeat of last night Sausage, eggs and hash browns with onions and added a blueberry English muffin.

chocomouse
                              Participant

BLTs here.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill, Diane had hers without a bun, and we had salads.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.