What are you Cooking the Week of July 14, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 14, 2024?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dinner tonight was a stir fry with broccoli, I didn't bother with cauliflower rice today.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I repeated breakfast for supper.

BakerAunt
        Participant

On Wednesday, my husband pan cooked some boneless pork, and I roasted sweet potato chunks to accompany it. We also had microwaved frozen peas.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Rotisserie chicken , potato salad and coleslaw.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Assorted leftovers here, lots to work with and use up.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made yogurt on Thursday. I also made my usual coleslaw but this time with red cabbag I found at last Saturday's farmers market. The flavor is slightly different but still delicious.

We had pork sandwiches on the last two buns from the freezer (time to bake more) and coleslaw for dinner.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had salads for dinner: seafood, potato, bean, along with a little leftover cole slaw and Italian pasta salad. Finally, the heat and humidity broke today, with a high in the mid 80s and humidity around 75%. We'll sleep with the windows open and no ac for the first time in weeks.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I had the last of the stir fry tonight, Diane had a takeout burrito but didn't eat most of the tortilla to save on carbs.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce for dinner on Friday. We had it with more of the coleslaw I made yesterday.

Earlier in the day, I made another batch of jam, but this time, I only got two 8 oz. jars, with not enough for a third jar, so I moved some of it to a 4 oz. jar to process and the rest went into the refrigerator. I noticed today that the blackberries are easier to seed when they have been refrigerated for a couple of days, and it made the jam thicker. I am not sure why that happens.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I bought a rotisserie chicken and made tacos.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I made a frittata for lunch on Saturday (and the next three days). I used zucchini, orange bell pepper, green onions, mushrooms, kale, and a leftover potato wedge from last night. I used five eggs and a partial egg (held back when I coated the fish last night) and ¼ cup milk. I used 2 oz. grated mozzarella and ½ tsp. Penzey's Mural of Flavor.

Dinner tonight will be leftover pork on freshly baked buns.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Yesterday I had rotisserie chicken and salad, today I had a steak and baked potato and it was delicious.

IMG_1032

Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had salads with fresh Thousand Island dressing. Diane had tuna on hers, I had some ham with mine.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

Joan, your meal looks delicious!

I made chicken tostadas and a salad.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.