What are you cooking the week of July 14, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of July 14, 2019?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made a zucchini-tomato-mushroom pizza. The details are in the "Substituting Asiago for Gruyere" thread.

chocomouse
      Participant

Tacos for dinner last night!

Joan Simpson
        Participant

No cooking here tonight,leftover spaghetti and meat sauce.

chocomouse
          Participant

No cooking here tonight either! Husband had a dinner meeting, and I had a late afternoon medical appointment. So I stopped at a local ice cream stand and got a dish of lemon home-made ice cream. No calcium deficiency here!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had muskmelon and salami for supper, we found a local source for a garlic-free Genoa salami that is excellent with melon and makes a great tomato and salami sandwich, too, we had those for lunch yesterday, supper last night and lunch today.

BTW, a tip for you salami lovers, get the deli to slice it as thin as they can, almost shredded. We don't know why, but it changes the flavor. Probably has something to do with the amount of surface that is exposed relative to the total weight of the slice.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I made a round roast the other night so I've been eating off of that for the last 3 days. Last night was roast with rice and canned baked beans and a salad, tonight was the same except I had spaghetti instead of rice.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Friday afternoon, I made three 8 oz. and one 4-oz. jar of black raspberry jam and canned it. Ninety percent of these berries came from the terrace in front of our house; the rest my husband picked one day in his woods. We had planned to go out and pick more, but with the slower schedule on our house, we did not get the chance. We hope to go blackberry picking as soon as the berries ripen. We have some on the terrace, but since we like seeded blackberry jam, I need a lot in order to get at least 3 ½ cups jam.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had leftovers- chicken and dressing,cranberry sauce,garden peas and scalloped potatoes.I still have enough dressing for the freezer to make 2 more meals.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Among the cookbooks I’ve unpacked is Martha Stewart’s Healthy Quick Cook. I have green lentils, so I made the “Cold Lentil Salad” to go with my tuna fish sandwich for lunch. I had to omit the parsley, as I had none. The salad needs it, so when I’m at the grocery tomorrow, I’ll buy some and add it.

Note: I added the parsley, but now I think that it could use some vinegar.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
                      chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner last night was salmon and potatoes cooked on the smoker/grill, and cole slaw. Tonight we're having egg salad sandwiches on Len's bread, with assorted raw veggies, cherries, and grapes. It is 97* here, and very humid; a heat index of 107, a rarity for this area. Luckily, we have a heat pump, so the whole house is air-conditioned.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had Taco salad.We've had some very hot weather also.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

We went to a party this afternoon and early evening, so no need to cook. Our area is under a heat advisory due to heat and humidity. We may get some relief on Monday.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.