What are you cooking the week of July 14, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of July 14, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

What's cooking?

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

With the continuing hot, humid weather, we've decided to have leftover quinoa salad for dinner tonight.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Baked potato and a salad here tonight.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

As I noted in another thread, we did tacos with the first tomato from our garden.

BakerAunt
            Participant

It doesn't involve using the stove, but I'm putting this entry under cooking;

On Monday afternoon, I made salsa. Although tortilla chips are usually banned from this house due to saturated fat, they have entered while my stepdaughter is here. I will control myself. I made salsa as well, using my recipe of two cans Walmart brand no-salt diced tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, and my last jar (12 oz.) of 505 Southwestern Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Green Chiles that I brought with me from Texas. I can’t find anything comparable here in our area of Indiana. After having these, no other brand will work.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I appear to able to order those chiles online through WalMart, 2 jars for $5.72, including shipping. You might see if you can.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had cubed pork,leftover candied sweet potatoes,fried okra and deviled eggs.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tuna melts tonight, with some locally grown tomatoes from a roadside stand.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Thanks for the tip about the chilis, Mike. I will look into it.

I made broth this Monday afternoon from the bones of the rotisserie chicken we had last week.

For dinner, I made salmon and couscous, using Penzey's Greek seasoning.

It seemed a little cooler this evening than it has been. We may try to pick blueberries tomorrow at our favorite place.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We've got heat warnings the next several days, likely to hit 100+ here. Typical middle of July for Nebraska, though.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Today I baked a meatloaf,cheese baked potato casserole and garden peas.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

BLT's tonight.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

We had a nice rain in the late afternoon, and it is rather nice outside tonight.

I made a stir-fry for dinner on Tuesday, using green onion, celery, carrots, 8 oz. mushrooms, broccoli, snow peas from our garden, shrimp, and soba noodles. I had planned to use rice, but my stepdaughter likes the soba noodles as much as we do!

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner tonight was sirloin steak tips marinated in balsamic vinegar, macaroni salad and a green salad. Very warm and humid, and going to be in the upper 90s by the weekend, but we did get a brief shower this afternoon and will have rain most of the day tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I made chicken-n-dressing,and green beans,cranberry sauce and lemon pie.I had a half chicken and the back that I boiled this morning,made a small pan 8 inch skillet of corn bread,2 ribs of celery and half of very large onion,a couple eggs,half a stack of saltines and 2 hot dog buns .It made up a 9x13 inch casserole dish so we enjoyed dressing today but I will freeze a lot to have later.It was so good I don't know why we think it's just for a holiday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.