What are you Cooking the Week of January 29, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 29, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

For dinner this Wednesday evening, we had venison liver, roasted veggies (parsnips, carrots, Brussels sprouts) and a green salad. We'll be eating comfort foods for the next few nights, with the forecast of -12 to -17*.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had baked chicken, mashed potatoes and pole beans.

For you all that are having such cold weather I wish you all to be warm and safe and praying your electric stays on.Our son that lives in Texas is in a mess with ice everywhere and everything has almost shut down.I had all my windows open today our high was 79 today.Chocomouse I feel for y'all!

RiversideLen
        Participant

I had a turkey sandwich and chicken veggie soup.

navlys
          Participant

I had to buy a small toaster oven since our unit here in Florida doesn't have one. I made tuna melts with chopped carrots and a little pickle juice, mayo of course and celery salt. I had to top it with Swiss as I didn't have sharp provolone. First I toast the English muffins then I bake the topped muffins. Call me crazy but I like the tuna on the cinnamon raisin English muffins.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The last time I did tuna melts (with the last of the summer's tomatoes), I used havarti cheese, it was quite good. Costco has sliced havarti in 2 pound packages.

We're having fish and broccoli tonight.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made buttermilk coleslaw on Thursday, which we had for dinner with the Oven Crispy Fish and Chips.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had chili and hot dogs tonight.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had a hamburger steak with mushrooms and onions,baked potato and tossed salad.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For Friday's dinner, I roasted my last two honey nut squashes from the farmers' market, and we had them with the last of the turkey, vegetables, and noodles, and some microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had stew beef with potatoes,carrots & onions on top of corn bread, good and warming to the tummy.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Today I'm making a big batch of onion soup, starting with caramelizing 10 pounds of onions in the oven.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

Last night I had chicken veg soup and a pork loin chop.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We've got a break in the cold weather, it is currently 42 and headed towards 50. But still a good soup day, and the house smells like onion.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We're up to 5* now, and it should be into the low 30s in another day or so. It was -17 this morning. So I made more comfort food -- shepherd's pie for dinner. We went out to lunch yesterday, and I ordered French onion soup. A huge disappointment - no slice of bread, just a small sprinkling of shredded cheese on top of the soup. However, the broth was excellent, and there were a decent amount of onions.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Tonight's onion soup

IMG_0397

Attachments:
                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.