What are you Cooking the Week of January 29, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 29, 2023?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Choco, did you see the report on the record windchill on Mt. Washington? Wow!

BakerAunt
      Participant

For dinner on Saturday, and in the coming week, I made butternut Squash, Farro, and Kale Soup. I got this recipe from an email from Tasting Table, which I do not think exists on the internet anymore. They shared it from Food, Health, and Happiness, a cookbook from Oprah Winfrey (or probably, her chef). I follow the basics but omit the onion and tomatoes in deference to my husband. I also change it around by adding browned ground turkey. I omitted the garlic this time as well. I had no celery but used an orange bell pepper. I add 2 tsp. cider vinegar at the end to balance the kale.

I also made yogurt on Saturday.

It is warming up here and probably got to 40F today, although the water dripping at the doorway is freezing on the pavement.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I still see a Tasting Table site, but maybe it isn't under the same ownership these days?

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork, creamed corn and rice and tomatoes.
            Mike your onion soup looks wonderful!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

It was great, and I wound up with about 5 quarts of soup to refrigerate, some for the next few days, some for the freezer.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.