What are you Cooking the week of January 20, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of January 20, 2019?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

Ah, ok, I hadn't noticed that before, I thought it might be something new.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Supper tonight was Smoked pork chops,steamed cabbage and macaroni and cheese.

chocomouse
        Participant

We've been eating mostly leftovers and soups from the freezer, but tonight we had a delicious thin-crust pizza with the works.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Browsers used to be pretty easy-going but some of them have started to get a bit paranoid, bordering on obnoxious, about security issues that may or may not be important on some sites.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had Chef Salad with a baked potato.

chocomouse
              Participant

Tonight I cooked breakfast sausages and blueberry pancakes. I used Buckwheat flour for the pancakes, first time, although I've used it in breads. I'm not entirely happy with the results -- the pancakes were a bit "gritty" and seemed to fall apart. They didn't really crumble, but broke into chunks. Have any of you made buckwheat pancakes, and do you have any suggestions or comments for me?

BakerAunt
                Participant

Chocomouse--I've not made buckwheat pancakes with only buckwheat flour. My favorite recipe uses it in conjunction with some other flours. I have heard of little buckwheat pancakes, cooked in a special skillet that has small round wells so that they hold their shape. These are then eaten with a topping such as cream cheese. Elizabeth David has such a recipe in her English bread book, but I've yet to try it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by BakerAunt.
                  Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tacos tonight.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We went out for fried grouper,cheese grits,slaw and hush puppies.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had venison burgers, baked potato, beets, and green salad.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Today we had sauteed chicken with onions all marinated in the vinegar and oil dressing,mashed potatoes with sour cream and left over green butter beans.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For Saturday night dinner, my husband cooked pork chops in a skillet. I diced some Yukon Gold potatoes, rubbed them with olive oil, then sprinkled them with Penzey’s Sunny Paris blend. This oven is definitely cooking cooler than the set temperature. I started the potatoes at 400F, when I checked them at what should have been halfway at 25 minutes, I decided to increase the temperature to 425F. I checked them at 20 minutes, then let them go an additional 20-25 minutes, then let them sit in the oven while my husband finished the pork chops. They came out well, but it was a long cooking time. We also had fresh green beans done in the microwave.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.