What are You Cooking the Week of February 5, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of February 5, 2017?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband is cooking dinner tonight, so I will not have anything to add until later in the week. I'll start the thread in case anyone is cooking up food for the Super Bowl this evening.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made boeuf bourguignon and Thousand Island salad dressing (starting by making my own mayonnaise).

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Made a pot of Hamburger vegetable soup with fresh pimento cheese for sandwiches.Mike I've made mayonnaise when I worked at the local high school cafeteria but never made it at home.May give it a try.Will you post your recipe you use please?

cwcdesign
          Participant

Tuesday night we had tenderloin steaks - can't call them filet mignon because they weren't trimmed - it was on sale. And I made The Pioneer Woman's stir fried vegetables to go with it. We really like them because it makes a ton. Last night I made sheet pan Fajitas which is becoming an easy favorite

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Earlier this week I made chicken breasts with mirepoix and sweet peppers, tonight I'm making pepper steak.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I just posted both my recipe for mayonnaise and my recipe for Thousand Island salad dressing, which uses the mayonnaise recipe.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Friday, I used leftover turkey and drippings (with fat skimmed off) from Sunday and made one of my "grain bowl" stir-together dinners with red bell pepper, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, green onion, parsley, and leftover brown rice from the freezer, and leftover couscous from an earlier dinner this week. I added 1/2 tsp Penzey's poultry seasoning and some ground pepper.

luvpyrpom
                  Participant

I think I will post better at the end of the week instead of during the week.

Anyway for this week, I had made sticky rice cakes with red bean paste, usually you can find these deep fried in the dim sum carts in Chinese restaurants. The one I'm making is a bit more healthier as you pan fry it in a small amount of oil instead of a big vat of oil. I also tried a Chinese steamed cake recipe that uses yeast but no wheat flour, but rice flour. That didn't come out at all. I always thought that yeast needed the wheat flour to make it rise and this was all rice flour.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.