What are you Cooking the Week of August 8, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 8, 2021?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

As you get older, you have to pay attention and be more careful.

kimbob
      Participant

Greek yogurt in mac n cheese? 🤢🤮

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made blueberry pie filling on Thursday from 5 cups of blueberries. I froze it in three separate containers rather than canning it (not that there was much to can!) to use as filling for sweet rolls. Canning blueberry pie filling destroys the great blueberry flavor.

Dinner on Thursday was the rest of the turkey-zucchini loaf, fresh green beans from our garden, and our first sweet corn of the season, which was a gift from our neighbors’ farm.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by BakerAunt.
          Janiebakes
          Participant

We had saag paneer, an Indian dish of spinach or other greens, spices and paneer, a kind of cheese. I used spinach and arugula. We had it with the tomato basil bread I baked. Tasted kind of like a spinach pizza.

RiversideLen
            Participant

A pulled a couple of chicken thighs from the freezer and made a stir fry including broccoli, cauliflower and carrot. Had it over brown Basmati rice.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

My plans changed today.I was suppose to visit my sister,she called said she didn't feel like she could sit up outside and they were going to x-ray her chest thinking it may be pneumonia.We talked a couple times today.My sisters breathing is getting much worse and she's very sad,it breaks my heart.

So we went grocery shopping.I found everything I needed,did notice some prices quite high.Publix had the cosmic crisp apples two pounds for $6.99 that was 3 apples,I walked right on by.KAF -5 # AP flour was $3.39
                at Target.After grocery shopping we went to eat at a local buffet,was very good.No cooking here tonight.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had scrambled eggs,sausage and toast for supper.

My sister was transferred to Tallahassee hospital,they did ex-ray she has pneumonia.

Mike I pray your wife is doing alright with her shoulder.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Joan, I will keep your sister and the family in my prayers.

Friday dinner was pork, pan cooked by my husband, more sweet corn, and microwaved fresh green beans.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Cosmic Crisp apples tend to be even more expensive than HoneyCrisp, I've seen them for $3.99 a pound or higher. I got some on sale last fall and used them in an apple pie, they were pretty good, but I sure wouldn't buy them at 3.99 a pound for that!

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Supper tonight was a pork loin, which I coated with butter, sprinkled on a little sage, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper, then put a little carrot vinegar in the pan and roasted it at 375.

I made a pan sauce from the juices, adding a little mustard and some flour and cornstarch to thicken it.

We had it with applesauce and some salad. I had some bread to soak up the pan sauce.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Tonight we had grilled chicken thighs, potato salad, and a green salad from the garden.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight we had BLT"S and fries.

Your roast and pan sauce sounds good Mike.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.