What are you Cooking the Week of August 25, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 25, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

If Whole Foods is getting rid of the bakery equipment in their stores, where are their bakery products being made these days?

I tossed the box already so I can't see where it was made but my guess is a central food prep kitchen.

chocomouse
      Participant

Our dinner tonight was chicken thighs and corn on the grill, plus fresh green beans.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made me a steak and a big baked potato .

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Diane had a crown replaced today, so she had soup. I had a salad with some of the eye of round as the protein.

I was doing some maintenance on another computer late this afternoon and accidentally turned this one off. Sorry about that.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I made a second small batch of tomato sauce yesterday, using 6 pounds of tomatoes.

BakerAunt
              Participant

On Wednesday, my husband pan-cooked boneless pork, which we had with two ears of sweet corn each (it is the end of the season!) and microwaved frozen peas. My husband reports that eating sweet corn on the cob is great physical therapy for stretching out his mouth area where he had surgery. Too bad that sweet corn season is so short.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Made my weekly run to Aldi today, eggs were up from $2.59 a dozen to $3.29 a dozen today.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Large white eggs at Hannaford today are 4.99 a dozen, same as last week. Brown eggs are only 4.79. I did not buy either; we'll scrape by with the remaining half dozen or so that are in the fridge.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Thankful my yard man brought me 18 count brown eggs yesterday.Today I had rotisserie chicken and the last of the stewed squash.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner tonight was salads - seafood, pasta with ham and cheese and veggies and Italian dressing, and purple cole slaw. We also had Olive-Cheese Quick bread I made this morning.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We did a mostly leftover meal on Thursday of coleslaw and pork with an ear of sweet corn each.

Egg prices seem to fluctuate. I, too, noticed an increase this past week at the local grocery.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

I think the heat gets to the chickens as much as it does to us

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I heated up some rotisserie chicken that I had in the freezer, made mashed potato and an ear of corn.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had salami and tomato sandwiches tonight.

I'm planning to do oven baked chicken thighs (bone in, skin on) on Friday, using the King Arthur Keto Flour for breading.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had a steak, corn on the cob and salad.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.