What are You Cooking the Week of August 25, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of August 25, 2019?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made ratatouille for Thursday night’s dinner, using some of the “Carbon” tomatoes from our garden. This variety cracks and has green shoulders, and a bottom that is smoky red when ripe. My husband does not care for how they look, but they are a wonderfully sweet tomato, and worked very well in the recipe. That recipe also featured three different kinds of zucchini and an eggplant from the farmers market. The onion, garlic, and red bell pepper came from the grocery store. We had the ratatouille over a wild and brown rice mix, along with leftover chicken from last night.

chocomouse
      Participant

BLTs on our menu tonight. This afternoon I made a batch of refrigerator sweet pickles with cucumbers from our garden. They are supposedly ready to eat in two days.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I added some green pepper to the Sloppy Joe mix I made, I think it balances the flavors out a bit. But my wife didn't want Sloppy Joes for supper because they've been throwing her blood sugars off, so we had cantaloupe and salami.

I'm hoping I can make one batch of Sloppy Joes over the weekend, the rest I will freeze in 2 cup portions, since that's about how much you need to go with a pound of ground beef.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I had a grilled ham and cheddar on rye with a salad.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had taco burgers with french fries.

chocomouse
              Participant

Burgers! and the sweet pickles I made yesterday -- delicious and crunchy! I'll make these again for sure.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I had a tomato and salami sandwich, my wife had spaghettios.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Same as yesterday, a grilled ham and cheddar on rye with a salad.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had chicken -n-dressing out of the freezer with cranberry sauce and green beans.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had our old standby...taco salad.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Saturday night dinner is a rotisserie chicken (on sale for $4.99), an ear of sweet corn each (we have to eat it while we can!), and microwaved green beans from our garden.

chocomouse
                          Participant

Dinner was chicken thighs on the grill, steamed summer squash and zucchini, and beet greens. I grew the beets in a large wooden box on the deck railing, an experiment for beginning to do most all of my gardening on the deck next year. I think I'll also try growing them inside under lights this winter - beet greens are so tasty.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I made a batch of egg salad this morning, but apparently I missed a few eggshell fragments, and they wound up in my wife's lunch sandwich. She won't eat the rest of it, so we had Sloppy Joes for supper.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.