What are you Cooking the Week of April 4, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 4, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I already posted about Easter plans in another thread.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I made another batch of yogurt on Sunday. I also made mashed potatoes to go with the turkey my husband roasted.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I didn't cook a Easter dinner,we had a hamburger my husband had soup I had chips.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had fried chicken,macaroni and cheese and leftover green butter beans.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I made butter garlic ramen with shredded carrots and a fried egg. Will didn’t have an egg since he’d had 2 for breakfast. I really like the Lotus brand brown rice and millet ramen. I also like their pad Thai noodles.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I made soup for lunch on Tuesday and into the week; even though it is a warmer day the end of the week is projected to be cold and rainy. As with many of my soups, it was a matter of what needs to be used up and what is in the freezer. I used the leftover potato water and the broth from cooking the giblets on Sunday. (It has been a while since we were given giblets in a turkey.) I used a bit of chicken drippings that I had stuck in the freezer. I sauteed chopped carrots and celery in some olive oil, added leftover sliced mushrooms from when I made pizza last week, 2 tsp. dehydrated onion, 2 cups of great northern beans that I had cooked and frozen a few months ago, and 1/3 cup pearled barley. I seasoned with rosemary, thyme, sage, and a bit of sweet curry powder.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Sunday and Monday it was just plain hot, temperatures got into the mid to upper 80's. Today it was back down into the 70's with a morning thunderstorm. Supposed to drop down into the 50's and 60's for the rest of the week and into next week.

I did bake bread yesterday and today, but had the windows open yesterday evening and all afternoon today to cool things down.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

It's warm here too Mike.We had the ac on for a couple of weeks,then the Easter snap of cool weather,heat on a couple days now back to ac.We'll be in the high 80's most of this week.

We just had hotdogs and coleslaw for supper.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Wednesday night's dinner is more leftover roast turkey, a mixture of brown and a wild rice blend to have with leftover gravy, and mixed vegetables.

Our weather has also been warm, although not in the 80s. The weather is supposed to cool down, and we are hoping for some more rain.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I had a hamburger and chips my husband had Mexican food.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Cold and rainy here today, as expected. I made chicken stroganoff.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had grilled salmon with a homemade maple-bourbon glaze, cole slaw, and onion rings. I bought frozen, breaded rings (which we never eat!) and finally had great success using the air fryer function of my Breville oven.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had fried cube steak,gravy,rice and green beans seasoned with some ham with a potato diced up in them.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had tacos.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I made turkey broth on Friday from the remnants of our Easter turkey dinner. I had used up all the chicken and turkey broth in the freezer, so it is a welcome addition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.